39 coaches online • Server time: 00:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
blader4411

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, you talk about all these Blackbox negatives, but you somehow assume that we'd want such a player here. Go back to Ranked.

By the way, you're aware that conceding that much is against the rules, right?

-Blader
Calthor

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You can't force coaches to make teams the way you'd like to. None of these coaches is doing something illegal, so the answer remains: "Don't play blackbox, or deal with it."
blader4411

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Another thing to consider, Pastorn, is that Amazons are one of the primary Anti-ClawPOMB teams due to a high accessibility to to Blodge.

So you're against both the damage dealers and the counter? What exactly do you want? I think we can safely disregard your argument as illogical now.

-Blader
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Pastorn wrote:
...I want to play box, I love the unpredictable match ups, but....

I think this is a bit of a contradiction to be honest, since the thread seems to be about you liking the randomness unless you get drawn versus something you don't enjoy.

Don't get me wrong, I left the Box to go back to Ranked for precisely this reason so I can't fault you for it. You are however wrong to assume that people will not build teams that kill/minmax/other types of cheese in a division where you can't refuse to play them.

So I'm afraid the answer really is: Either live with it or play in Ranked.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see much problems with the last team you put up they might be saving up for a bull centaur, minotaur or keeping some reserve funding to replace any dead or retired CD's, 110k isn't that much and it's TV 165.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

lizvis wrote:
heres a better idea.......

you could realize that blackbox is a random pairings division and by activating your teams, you agree to play WHATEVER match up comes your way.

oo, what you say? how unfairs,,,,, Sad
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly it is great to see someone come on the forums saying that they love lrb6 and blackbox. Secondly though you shouldn't concede just because an opponent is lame (especially if you play in bbox).
There are some people who just go to extremes to get a team to what makes it easiest (lamest) for them to win with. When a manager already has a good record is just using minmax/ideal TV/clawpomb etc to help make it an excellent record really going to impress people? Well, maybe if they don't check what teams are being used. Makes it challenging for the rest of us I guess, though perhaps less enjoyable.
People shouldn't attack Pastorn on this point. He clearly wants to enjoy the game (but should not concede).
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Pastorn wrote:
The answer cant always be: "Don´t play box then". I want to play box, I love the unpredictable match ups

You could always make 6 [R] teams and then randomly determine which one you put on gamefinder, then randomly determine which team you don't hate that you will challenge. 6 teams is good as you can just roll a dice.

If someone challenges you then on a 4+ accept, but if you dislike some of the team make it a 5+ and if you hate it then a 6. easy Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Pastorn wrote:
The answer cant always be: "Don´t play box then". I want to play box, I love the unpredictable match ups, but teams like this is just silly. As Irgy said the win record isnt that good. No, but i don´t believe thats his plan either. The coach just wants to make a mess to new teams. And thats fine with me. But maybe I mustn´t be that team? The zons are maybe a different thing. That team has a great win record, since he knows that zons are one of the best at low TV. I can respect that more (even though think its strange to fire players with nice skills, but thats just me).

Here is one more exemple:

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=640503.

TV 135!?

I think Malmir is a great coach, but isnt this silly? Since he got cash to replace his loners? Obviously he doesen´t want to buy BC:s, so he wont "save" them for that.

I know I can stop play box, I can stop play Blood bowl and start to play chess or something. But maybe the concession rules has to be changed? Maybe their must be some room to see different aspects in it.

Dont you see any problem at all with this "development" of the Black box? Is this what we want the Box to be? I don´t, but maybe that just me.

If Malmir's team is such a big problem then the Box really isn't for you.

He has 110000 in the bank, is carrying several injured players and almost every past player either died or had a permanent injury. And he has no bulls.

It's a nasty team but personally I wouldn't care if he had 10,000,000 in the bank.

The rules were not designed for TV matching so if you insist on playing in a TV matching division then you'll have to take the rough with the smooth.

If you want to break the site rules then you'll have to risk the consequences.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Edited by staff.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it is sad that some peoples fun is destroying other peoples fun, but that is just the way it is. You just have to learn to deal with it.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. I agree with Sepp Blatter.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2011 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

actually the one moment when you kill their precious min max legend and can watch them cry like a 5 years old whose candy has been stolen is worth getting minmaxpombed all the time
 Jump to: