33 coaches online • Server time: 15:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zenken5ten

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Either we've all been there, or I'm terribly unl...

ok, even though I'm terribly unlucky, I'd much prefer a system in which coaches who activate and immediately walk away from their computer NOT be paired for matches in the box.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2011 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

That wouldn't work, it takes the site 10 minutes to register someone being offline, and you can only activate within the last 5 minutes of each activation period. Also they don't need to be online, to get their match up information (irc channel)

This said, site policy for coaches that fail to turn up to box matches, is working very well. We have no regular abusers of this. In fact, I only know of one instance where a coach has needed a 2nd reminder, and he genuinely had connecting problems.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 00:53
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Frequently the reason for a no-show is a new coach on Fumbbl trying to figure out how it all works. When this happens, we note this on the coach, and I personally have sent dozens of PMs to new coaches telling them how to manage Blackbox matches. As harvestmouse noted, we have no serial no-show coaches. That said, we do keep track.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

On a different subject... Can I get a team moved from ready to play to not ready to play so I can fire some guys I meant to fire but forgot to?
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

yep, play a game with them
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

no

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2011 - 01:18
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
yep, play a game with them

+1