22 coaches online • Server time: 04:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
iosteno

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

it happens only at me that several time you ask to play with someone, he answers “no thanks”?
It’s not something personal because almost all the times, it’s the first time i ask to these coach to play;
all game i ask is between teams that have the same Tv or sometimes opponent TV is higher than mine,
and i’m not a coach that having (for example) a dwarf team, ask to play with an amazon or goblin team, or have a terrible claw, mighty blow and pilling on team.
So, what’s the problem? It’s absurde that you may wait half hours for find someone to play even if there are a lot of teams in matchfinder.
It’s only a game, play, have fun and don’t break balls. Wink Wink

Maybe it cannnot be so an absurde idea to abolish the according match system in ranked and make it in macthmaking (like blackbox or cyanide game).

Thanks for replying, cheers.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/help:Blackbox

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to play games with little organisation needed, play Blackbox. If you don't want your opponent to be able to avoid the matchup, play Blackbox.

If you want to choose who you are playing against, or what teams they are using, play Ranked. If you like to play games with wider TV ranges, play Ranked.

There is no need for Ranked to have a matchmaking system when Blackbox has exactly that. If it's that you want, just change divisions, rather than making the divisions change to match you.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I never have problems finding a game with my dwarves... Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It might be that they are trying to do some cherry picking, then you come and spoil it by offering a fair game. Shame on you!

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

wth is "according match system"?

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

An "accord" is an agreement, so I can only assume that "according" is agreeing, and therefore a match system based on agreeing to a game.

It is unsurprising that you are unaware of a synonym for "agree" Wink
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
An "accord" is an agreement, so I can only assume that "according" is agreeing, and therefore a match system based on agreeing to a game.

Enigma179

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

This exists. It's called Blackbox. No one turns down games there, and neither will you Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:

+1 Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
dode74 wrote:

+1 Wink

Nice way to promote the use of illiterate English. Classy.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:

Yes, because if we have to guess at the meaning of the phrase, it must have been so clear in the first place...
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
koadah wrote:
dode74 wrote:

+1 Wink

Nice way to promote the use of illiterate English. Classy.

It seems that is the kind that most people speak these days. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Pythrr, I don't believe we are responsible for your grasp of English.

For the OP, and on topic, your desired system is in place in [B ]. But then you knew that already as you referenced it as an example Wink
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

There is one objection I would say to the "play in the Blackbox" advice: in Blackbox there are far less teams than in Ranked, so you have to wait for ages, especially for people who live in certain timezones.
A larger teams' pool would be the best in order to reduce the time for finding a match.
Another thing I can't really understand is: how is it possible to consider for purpose of Coach Rating the Ranked division, a system which allows rampant cherrypicking?
The only Ranked division in my opinion should be a large MM division, so you can't pick optimal match ups.
 Jump to: