31 coaches online • Server time: 09:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

In a stunning victory this afternoon, the Athel Loren Guardians (Malthor) defeated My 11 Thugs (Wthair) in a tight 8-0 contest.

The win was the 17th in a row over the Thugs which undoubtedly is a new FUMBBL record. In a series which the Guardians have outscored the Thugs 71-19 one might consider officially changing the names of the teams to the Harlem Globetrotters and the Washington Generals respectively.

When asked about the significance of the win, the Guardian's general manager said, "its not the individual win that's important, but the accumulation of easy wins that will help bring back the #1 spot in FUMBBL."

Meanwhile, the Thugs celebrated their 296th game by fielding 1 player for the opening kick off. Rumor has it the coach has chosen against replacing players with their 710K in treasury, and will instead buy new uniforms for the team after their 300th game.

This is FUMBBL news reporter Seemore Atrocities signing off.
MadMarx

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

No one can say that those games are unfair, or anything like that. Some people just like to play against the odds. There was a game between these two teams, when My 11 Thugs got a Virus and fielded 2 players. The opponent had to fight very hard to defeat those 2 mean green killing machines. And with excellent coaching he managed to win. I dont see where the problem lies. Many teams play like this, and the coaches work hard to win against all those nasty ( -100 or 120 ST) teams. And when they boast about their victories in chat, everyone should pay them proper respect. They are succesfull coaches. Nothing wrong with that.
Mully

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

^^^^^^----------------THIS IS CALLED SARCASTIC COMEDY.

READ IT - LAUGH AT IT IF YOU WANT - DON'T TRY TO ANALYZE IT

(sheesh)

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

. Many teams play like this, and the coaches work hard to win

PS - NO the majority of coaches do not.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you might have missed the return sarcasm there, Mully... Smile

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait...this is a *second* 8-0 loss for the Thugz? Losing that badly should trigger a player leaving check ala conceeding.

I mean, its like playing for the Cinnicinati Bengals... Smile
MacLeod

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

swilhelm73 wrote:
Wait...this is a *second* 8-0 loss for the Thugz? Losing that badly should trigger a player leaving check ala conceeding.

I mean, its like playing for the Cinnicinati Bengals... Smile
Or the Arizona Cardinals
Mully

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I think you might have missed the return sarcasm there, Mully...

Oh my god - MadMarx - please tell me you were serious. If it was your attempt to outsarcas me and I missed it then I feel like a Janet Jackson (you know ... a boob)

Hey - and the mighty Bengals went 8-8 this year!!!

All hail Marvin Lewis.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

On a similar topic: Is there a rule of thumb on how often a team can play another team? Like 5 times in 20 games?
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

obviously not....in theory you could play the same 2 coaches over and over...as long as there isn't a pattern of win/loss results....hey wait a minute....
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

You should only do that if you have the urgent need to talk with us admins for a while, Acheron. You'll get our undevided attention for a couple minutes, guaranteed. Smile

AvatarDM, not more than once every tenth game, roughly.

-Mnemon
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm not saying that i would do that, in fact i am quite the opposite. i like to play as many different coaches as possible.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The criticism underlying this post is valid; however, high-TR teams are a special case in regards to the rule about not playing the same coach too many times. The problem is that there aren't that many TR300+ teams in Open division, and if teams like those two play anything lower than TR300 they could be accused of taking an easy game, so they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. The legendary teams have to play each other a lot, because they find it hard getting games against other coaches who are intimidated by their skills and record.

Of course, once the choice for fifth handicap gets implemented, you'll see a lot fewer TR300+ sides, since Virus decimates them - not to mention negative winnings and freebooted apothecaries, if that ever comes in.
Colin

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm...the Athel Loren Guardians' match record makes for interesting reading...reports of matches resulting in a loss are particularly illuminating - they never seem to lose by one, do they? It reads like a 'who's who' of Open Div Elf teams...

For everyone's perusal, here's the Athel Loren Guardians' match record:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=11852
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

This one is pretty funny...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=253227

<i>Luck reading out due to a disconnect.

A BS rape game with heaps of bad luck. Early in the game, AG5 Wardancer leaps to the RIP box, apothed.

I get my chance to steal the ball, what do I roll, snake eyes. More snake eyes. I eventually get the ball at 1-1 and have the chance to take the lead, what do I roll to dodge? A 1 and the 149 SPP player with no injuries dies too.

My opponent continues to blitz me every turn with his Razor Sharp Claw (Stiletto) guy then acts surprised when he nails my catcher and inflicts a -1 Str. It is a handicap so I don't blame him for using it, but then to be sorry when he maims my player? Yeah right...

At 2-1 down, my opponent kicks to me and gets a Blitz. Of course.

I only field 4 players after that and he still uses the Stiletto every turn when I don't have a chance of stopping him from winning, or even drawing. Turn 8, he blitzes me with the Stilleto again with a guy that already has 185 SPP and doesn't need any more SPP.

That was just lame and a blatant attempt to maim my player. Why not surround him and foul with +8 whilst you are at it? I didn't even mind the stalling by my opponent, but the attempt to maim my players was just low.

One person I won't be playing again.
 Jump to: