48 coaches online • Server time: 11:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Ignoring Fluff reasons - Do you think CDs should have been give mutation access?
Yes
37%
 37%  [ 60 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 59 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
I'm just happy clicking something
15%
 15%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 162

Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ignoring Fluff reasons - Do you think it was a good idea giving Chaos Dwarves mutation access?

Please explain.

Sorry not trying to troll here, just wanted to see what the general consensus here was.

Thanks Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You may not be trying to troll, but this thread only goes one way. For ages. Wink
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I know I'm sorry Purplegoo Wink
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say yes as it makes them competitive - without it they would be like orcs who are pretty average in this ruleset and Chaos would be even further in front.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that is a good point Malmir and I was thinking the same, but don't you think it puts CDs too far ahead of all the other non-CPOMB races as it is, because of their starting skills etc..

Last edited by Garion on Jan 03, 2012 - 16:47; edited 1 time in total
NoCoolNickLeft

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Give claw to bo also, then its about averaged - and no i have no fluff or reason to feel this way. Just think orcs are pretty useless vs chaos atm.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I know I'm sorry Purplegoo Wink

no you are not
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

its all about the fluff
Raughri

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Is Claw in itself that bad? Not sure. Personally I think CDs would be an average team without access to a particular combination that I shan't mention to keep PurpleGoo happy.

Put it this way, if you add claw to other teams who can bashy who do not currently have it (Orcs, Undead, Humans, Lizards (Saurii anyway), Dwarves) they become way too good, whereas I think they probably bring CDs up to that level (a bit above in some cases).
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

CWs are good at low to mid TV, but are still hampered by having to field hobgoblins, who are - lets face it - terrible weak links.

Chaos take over at high TV, and if CWs had no claw (even on a double), they really would not be able to even try to compete.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

bad troll...no goblin....

--j

ImageImage
NickNutria

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

CPOMP-races have one weakness - they don't have block or tackle to start, so if they choose to go clawpomp all the way block will come as fourth skill and tackle as fifth skill. Chaos dwarfs are the only exception to this, they start with block and tackle making them a perfect killer team after skil no. 3 for any doding elf, skaven, lizardmen etc... So yes i believe they are overpowered and should loose claw access. People have also noticed this and now choose chaos dwarfs as No. 1 race in the box before all others.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Still get crushed by chaos.and nurgz at high tv so no problem

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

NickNutria wrote:
CPOMP-races have one weakness - they don't have block or tackle to start, so if they choose to go clawpomp all the way block will come as fourth skill and tackle as fifth skill. Chaos dwarfs are the only exception to this, they start with block and tackle making them a perfect killer team after skil no. 3 for any doding elf, skaven, lizardmen etc... So yes i believe they are overpowered and should loose claw access. People have also noticed this and now choose chaos dwarfs as No. 1 race in the box before all others.

Claw access doesn't make them significantly better at beating elves and skaven to be fair.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

No but they already have a great selection of skills for beating those races from a rookie level.

So apart from against Chaos and Nurgle they are perfectly suited to beating all races really.

Chaos and Nurgle are the only reason CDs actually need Claw, as they would kill them even easily if CDs didnt have it.

Personally i think it makes them too effective really. i think they have won 3 out of 7 majors already?

Chaos 1
Nurgle 1
Pro Elf 1
Dark Elf 1
Chaos Dwarf 3

Is that right? Or have i missed any?
 Jump to: