68 coaches online • Server time: 22:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Ignoring Fluff reasons - Do you think CDs should have been give mutation access?
Yes
37%
 37%  [ 60 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 59 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
I'm just happy clicking something
15%
 15%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 162

pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

av 8 big guys some hopeless. just ask rats.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well in the context of this particular discussion as related to CD and claws. Then a Big Guy with AV10 facing CD with claws would be pointless also.

So is AV8/AV7 (CLAW) the problem or is it the claw skill that he has to face the problem?

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Well in the context of this particular discussion as related to CD and claws. Then a Big Guy with AV10 facing CD with claws would be pointless also.

So is AV8/AV7 (CLAW) the problem or is it the claw skill that he has to face the problem?

Quite frankly if it cost more, ie was always on doubles and PO was majorly nerfed. Combined with improvement of some teams who don't get the magic weapon. Then it wouldn't be as much of an issue.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Mattius wrote:
PainState wrote:

Quite frankly if it cost more, ie was always on doubles and PO was majorly nerfed. Combined with improvement of some teams who don't get the magic weapon. Then it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

so... it's not unbalanced (as long as you balance it). right...
Mattius

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Mattius wrote:
PainState wrote:

so... it's not unbalanced (as long as you balance it). right...

Well nothing is going to happen so i wouldn't worry about that Very Happy
dode74

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone please look at Koadah's stats and show me where the imbalance is?
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry dode, looks like I won't be proving the total dominance of clawpomb in scheduled leagues to you as cyanide game is gash.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it that, or is it that you lost on day 1 to dwarves? Wink
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I got totally dice raped vs the Dwarfs, but I didn't expect the game to be excruciatingly boring.
I've entered the WIL instead, stupid gash cyanid game!

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well you couldn't roll a pow or a push/pow to save your life (16 from 107 dice - ouch!), which is going to hurt against dwarves in particular at low TV. I seem to recall reading somewhere though "It's just a game, stalling is fine, fouling is fine, surfing is fine, bad luck happens. Please don't whine!"

Are you planning on dropping out now? It would be polite to tell the management.

As for boring, I think that the turn time can be too long but that can be adjusted (and probably should be since the actions themselves stop the clock).
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure you'll be very welcome at WIL.

You're just what they are looking for; a coach who isn't delibrately setting out to unbalance the league with a broken combination, isn't a league dropper and also great sport when losing or getting diced.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

/miaow...

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I might stick out the SSC, it is only 8 games more of boredom after all.
I very very very rarely whine on FUMBBL but my god the Cyanide game is sooo bad and takes sooo long it's a 100 times more frustrating.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

It takes a little while to get used to. Especially if you are not using a proper mouse.

Still, you have the option of 2 minute games instead of 4. (Once you figure out how to select things that is Wink )

It was pretty handy in dark days though when Fumbbl was stuck on LRB4 Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
It takes a little while to get used to. Especially if you are not using a proper mouse.

Still, you have the option of 2 minute games instead of 4. (Once you figure out how to select things that is Wink)

+1, though the OCC is 4 minute games.

As for the game speed I can see how some would find it slow, but it's really not that bad! It's quicker than playing tabletop. A poor internet connection can cause it to run a bit slower at times, but we're talking really quite poor here.

koadah wrote:
It was pretty handy in dark days though when Fumbbl was stuck on LRB4 Twisted Evil

Yeah - this is the reason I stopped playing on Fumbbl a few years ago. If I were to come back to open format perpetual leagues it would be here probably, however there isn't really a format I like the look of. For now I'm happy with my 1-2 Cyanide league games a week.

Anyway Jimmy. Just a warning - it won't be 8 games until you're battling for top places in the OCC. There are currently 250 teams in the OCC proper, so it'll take you a while to work up from the bottom. I believe the fastest anybody has put a starting team into the top tier is after 3 seasons, so it's another 27 games (8 months or so) at least for you.

Anyway should CDs get mutation access? I'd rather see mutations to have an element of randomness in them (say, 1/6 chance you get a random mutation other than the one you picked!) however I'm fine with them having mutation access as it is.
 Jump to: