46 coaches online • Server time: 11:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Ignoring Fluff reasons - Do you think CDs should have been give mutation access?
Yes
37%
 37%  [ 60 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 59 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
I'm just happy clicking something
15%
 15%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 162

plasmoid

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as long as we're in house rule territory:
Someone (can't remember who) once suggested that when you skill up a chaos player, you should roll (d12?) to determine which one mutation is avaliable at this-skill-up. You can then take it or leave it.
Random, without destroying team development.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

that would work for me

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be me that suggested that. In one of my many drafts of crp2 darkson also plays a hybrid ruleset with 24 random mutations which is pretty cool
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Its not a bad idea, but if you strip out RO the stats say that Chaos don't even get that good at winning at high TV and are very bad at low TV.
So if you implemented this random availability how would you buff Chaos and Nurgle?

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2012 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are going to use that argument then why not strip out some of the worst Chaos coaches from the statistics?

It may well be the case that many not so good coaches choose chaos as they know how the rules roll. Same may well apply for many of the top coaches wanting to challenge themselves more by choosing other races instead? I am just postulating, but it bears taking into account if your going to judge balance all on stats.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2012 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Good and bad coaches generally balance out, but Koadah has posted stats with and without Chuck included and the difference is staggering, so I think this does need special consideration.

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2012 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Good and bad coaches generally balance out, but Koadah has posted stats with and without Chuck included and the difference is staggering, so I think this does need special consideration.

Out of interest what are the stats on lose rates apposed to win? If a team is 15/15/0 then that has to say something. Or am i missing something here?(to dode and vm please don't attack me, just an honest question)

I think we both agree PO is more or less the biggest issue with the mutations access. I would concede that if this was fixed combined with races that really need a boost getting something, then Chaos may well not be OP, altho we will probably never know Very Happy
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2012 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

A draw counts as half a win so a 15/15/0 team would have a 75% win ratio.

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2012 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
A draw counts as half a win so a 15/15/0 team would have a 75% win ratio.

Seems fair, on the RO note, am assuming there are no outliers on the other end of the scale?
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2012 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

There may be, but I am sure there will be really bad teams represented in the stats of all the other races.
I don't think any other race has a team that makes such a monumental positive difference as Chuck does to Chaos.