18 coaches online • Server time: 07:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Ignoring Fluff reasons - Do you think CDs should have been give mutation access?
Yes
37%
 37%  [ 60 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 59 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
I'm just happy clicking something
15%
 15%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 162

licker

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Take mutation off the dwarves and put it on the bulls and hobbers.

Also CD only mutate on a double anyway, that's not the case for all the other mutation teams is it? Granted, eventually the dwarves get the players the skills they want them to have, but they also pay more for it in TV.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably but that is the issue with clawpomb being too good - nerf piling on and problem rescinds a bit if not entirely solved.

Garion wrote:
Yeah that is a good point Malmir and I was thinking the same, but don't you think it puts CDs too far ahead of all the other non-CPOMB races as it is, because of their starting skills etc..
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Three out of nine I think were won by chaos dwarves.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

There was an orc winner. (they're down, but not out!)

I don't particularly mind the Claws on CDs. PO is the broken skill in the ruleset, IMO, not Claw.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

there have been 7 majors since the changeover?

really?

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I make 2?

Senhores won the WoC, and Colourful Characters won the LC. Out of the other 6 LRB 6 ones, Chuck won the FC, Pro Popes won the BC, Griefers won the CoS, Legion of O won the GLT. I don't think there's any others that were played in LRB 6?

In the UI, where DE won, and in the WO last year, I don't think R had been transitioned to LRB 6 yet.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Personally i think it makes them too effective really. i think they have won 3 out of 7 majors already?

Chaos 1
Nurgle 1
Pro Elf 1
Dark Elf 1
Chaos Dwarf 3

Is that right? Or have i missed any?

In the box their win% is only just over 50% at 1700+ and 2000+. ie 8th at 1700+ and 12th at 2000+ behind humans, necros and even vamps.

They were very popular early on winning the second Sprint

In the last two Sprints Sept/Oct and Nov/Dec only one CD team made the top 30.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think giving CHD mutation access on a dbl is unfair. What is unfair is the combination of skills allowed due to Mutations.

Its always been my belief that the whole mutation skills set needs sorting out as 9/10 times only one of them is being chosen. It also does not fit the fluff (imo) as the whole idea of mutations is that they are somewhat random. If we want to play the fluff game then why don't dorfs make better armour or elves wear enchantments etc etc.. Ie i think mutations are the problem, not the access to them.

I also find the arguments that without claw etc orcs and dorfs are to powerful. If the rosters are not fair then the rosters should be changed, not just give a select few races a key to win and no one else.
Beerox

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be fun IMO to just give the Bulls and Hobbos claw, err... mutation access, and take it away from teh dorfs. Perhaps makes the team more interesting.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Also much less useful. Fear my AV 7 no-block claw... oh. What? He's off the pitch already... bah.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

That's kind of the point though for the change.

Bulls become your cpombers, hobbers become more interesting if you want to build one with mutations, and blockers become simple little guard monsters.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

would cripple the team imho. Chaos needs nerfing, not CDs.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

NickNutria wrote:
CPOMP-races have one weakness - they don't have block or tackle to start, so if they choose to go clawpomp all the way block will come as fourth skill and tackle as fifth skill. Chaos dwarfs are the only exception to this, they start with block and tackle making them a perfect killer team after skil no. 3 for any doding elf, skaven, lizardmen etc... So yes i believe they are overpowered and should loose claw access. People have also noticed this and now choose chaos dwarfs as No. 1 race in the box before all others.

However the claw access wouldnt affect games vs elves and skaven etc as it doesnt change anything to av7 players....

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick, let's nerf CDs until they reach the bottom of tier 3!

Let's give those stats to dorfs (also works fluffwise):

MA3 (short legs)
ST2 (too much strength needed to wear all these armour, can't hit that hard because of it)
AG2
AV9

Edit: No, seriously guys. I don't get all the debating, over a rulebook which just isn't made for endless play. Take a average league, about 15 games a season. So, how far (skillwise) you'll get in said 15 games with CDs? Awww, let's not bring this up, nevermind guys.
Beerox

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2012 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Also much less useful. Fear my AV 7 no-block claw... oh. What? He's off the pitch already... bah.

I can handle that Laughing
Idk about crippling the team - a front line of Block, MB, Guard, AV9 etc with Mutated Bulls backing it up aint too shabby. And it's got flavor.

Wiz, the debate is pretty much recreational... as far as I know Twisted Evil
 Jump to: