29 coaches online • Server time: 09:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I was checking out the rankings today and I want to know who the bottom 5 coaches are. CR 115, 116 and 3 of them at 117.

We talk about the guys at the top of the rankings and give them praise. But lets not forget about our anchor CR coaches. They deserve praise also for their persistance and dedication to this glorious game.

I suspect these coaches are probally goblin coaches coupled with they are no longer active coaches and got put into the cellar on the CR revamp. But you never know.

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coaches&order=&r=0&d=0&start=64

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, i dont understand these standings. What are Marley ans Stikki doing down there? doesnt seem to make sense seeing their win/loss ratio... ?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

mridcully wrote:
Ok, i dont understand these standings. What are Marley ans Stikki doing down there? doesnt seem to make sense seeing their win/loss ratio... ?

Erm, you've been a member less than a week and Stikki hasn't played for a couple of months. So, how would you even know?

Stikki to be fair is a decent coach, certainly been upto 160 before, however we played some woeful teams he wouldn't let go of, and didn't refuse as much as he should have.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

But comparing the win % of those last 2 with those above...
It sure looks odd.
I guess they used to play well then forgot how to! Very Happy
Likely switched to only fluff silly teams I guess?

SL
JackRose

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought the same thing. Actually I thought, "Man he must have lost to some awful coaches!" I wonder if there was a problem with the calculation of the CR vs some of the coaches he had matches against?
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
mridcully wrote:

Erm, you've been a member less than a week and Stikki hasn't played for a couple of months. So, how would you even know?

Stikki to be fair is a decent coach, certainly been up to 160 before, however we played some woeful teams he wouldn't let go of, and didn't refuse as much as he should have.

You seem to imply he should be trying to gain CR. I strongly suspect it was not a priority Wink
happygrue

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

mridcully wrote:

It's almost as if CR doesn't actually measure coach skill or something... Rolling Eyes
stej

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Could we have coach rating broken down by year?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:
Could we have coach rating broken down by year?

How 'bout we just break the coach rating and leave it in a field somewhere. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

How 'bout we just break the coach rating ...

I suspect that has been done already Wink
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for that link Koadah. I do like how CR now is an average of Box and Ranked. So for coaches who do care, for what ever reason, then playing in both open divs is important if you want to increase you overall CR ranking.

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The last 30 matches of both Stikki and Marley are far from impressive. I assume harvestmouse is right, and despite the coaches being good (or not), several factors made them loose a lot of matches... So the CR seems to be accurate.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
mridcully wrote:

Sus-picious.....
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2012 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

What has how long he has been a member got to do with being able to read?