53 coaches online • Server time: 19:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2012 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Just a heads up, Zombie Madness will close after this weekend.

Monday 12th? I think. So get those last minute games in now!

Just to say, if anyone plans a definite game for the following week, I'm happy to hold it off until then, however let me know before Monday.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2012 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

For those that didnt see it. On the last page is an elaborate post on SWWS people should read.

edit: started a new topic so as to not hijack this thread.

http://tinyurl.com/swwsforum

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2012 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Olaf_the_Stout wrote:
Looks like Premier could be a bit rough next season. The races look like this:

Staying up

Chaos Dwarf
Elf
Undead
Dwarf/Lizardman

Promoted

Dwarf/Dark Elf
Undead
Skaven/Chaos

The 4th promotion spot depends on a number of results. If the Dwarves and Dark Elves both win their final round matches then both will get promoted. If both of them draw then the Dwarves need to rely on Old Bugman's Chaos losing his final round match to get in.

My bet is that Premier looks something like this next season:

Chaos Dwarf
Elf
Undead x 2
Dwarf x 2
Dark Elf
Chaos

The 2 elves could be in for a world of pain, and the 2 Undead teams won't like the CD and Dwarven match ups much either.

Olaf the Stout

I kind of agree with what you have there as the most likely outcome for prem next season. There's a few holes in the rest of your reasoning - you've left out norse (whalekillers) for instance, who are just as likely to make it as my darkies (swans).

Anyway, 2xundead + chaos dwarf + elf is certain, the rest is up for grabs. It could still even end up norse, skaven, lizards and high elves at this stage.

If it does turn out to be chaos chaos dwarf dwarf dwarf with a side serving of double undead it's going to be tough going for the other two teams, but honestly there's worse things than being the only paper in an all-rock tournament. Elves are always in with a chance and at least now we always start with 11 (though I'd prefer 13 against bashy teams whenver possible).
swladmin

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2012 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season XLIII Round 6 Axe UPDATE:

Premiership Division
All Clear!
Manic Mammalians Reggies
Ice v Bel - Double forfeit
Bobs

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2012 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Journeymen FTW
Elf
Elf
Elf
c'mon sing along
Elf
Elf
Elf

Olaf_the_Stout

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2012 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Irgy wrote:
I kind of agree with what you have there as the most likely outcome for prem next season. There's a few holes in the rest of your reasoning - you've left out norse (whalekillers) for instance, who are just as likely to make it as my darkies (swans).

Anyway, 2xundead + chaos dwarf + elf is certain, the rest is up for grabs. It could still even end up norse, skaven, lizards and high elves at this stage.

If it does turn out to be chaos chaos dwarf dwarf dwarf with a side serving of double undead it's going to be tough going for the other two teams, but honestly there's worse things than being the only paper in an all-rock tournament. Elves are always in with a chance and at least now we always start with 11 (though I'd prefer 13 against bashy teams whenver possible).

You're right. I also missed the fact that the Butchrangers could also make it in if other results fall their way. It will be an interesting finish, that's for sure.

Olaf the Stout
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2012 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Olaf_the_Stout wrote:
Promoted
Dwarf/Dark Elf

That's Dwarf/DarkElf/Whalekillers/Human to you mister!!
Smegish

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2012 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I am announcing my retirement from SWL for the foreseeable future. Don't enjoy the game like I used to, even when I was getting pounded.

Will probably be back at some stage, just dont know when that will be.

Actually came to this decision by week 2, but figured I should at least finish the season, see if I changed my mind during that time.

Thank you for the games guys, and for some of the most savage beatings I have ever suffered in ANY game. Laughing
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2012 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Smegish wrote:
Well, I am announcing my retirement from SWL for the foreseeable future. Don't enjoy the game like I used to, even when I was getting pounded.

I think you should have stopped playing highs a long time ago and moved on to something more stable.

Hopefully you'll do what I do and stick around to make fun of Tomay and Smegish........oh wait Rolling Eyes
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2012 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Smegish wrote:

Will probably be back at some stage, just dont know when that will be.

Actually came to this decision by week 2, but figured I should at least finish the season, see if I changed my mind during that time.

Thank you for the games guys, and for some of the most savage beatings I have ever suffered in ANY game. Laughing

Sorry to hear that mate... you've been in for ages.

Good luck and hope you will be back one day soon.

Sad
oryx

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2012 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

hullo all... been hanging around lately, might be popping up in reggies next season. =) Maybe another smashing debut followed by major choking in the conferences?! More to come.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2012 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back Oryx!

And so long Smegish! Admirable that you got stuck in even though you had decided to put the spiked boots up on the shelves for now. I know you will be back though Smile
Tomay

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2012 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

If we start a stunty leeg when it all gets sorted, we'll make sure someone gets in touch smeg!

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2012 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone, all together now....... STUNTY! STUNTY! STUNTY! STUNTY!
Redgum

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2012 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

and so Season XLIII comes down to this...

The Seussville Slammers, despite having lost to the undefeated Large Hadron Colliders, take the Prem title.

Slumbering Skink can stay in Prem with a win over the Daughters of the Song. If they don't win my own beloved Ruffians get to stay in the big league for next season.

Conference titles for Clay's Bedouin's, Olaf's Memories and Espionage's Horny Brethren. They'll all go to Prem next season.

The final Premier League spot is currently in uo's uncertain grip as he sweats on Tribalsinner's Butchrangers. It'll take a 3-0 over skaven to get the Humans up and deny the Dandies their shot, but it could happen...

So Prem XLIV:
Undead
CD
Elf
Dwarf / Lizard
Dwarf
Undead
Skaven
Elf / Human

Tense end to a close season!

Jump to: