28 coaches online • Server time: 08:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
there is litterally no point in playing with Ogres.

What? Apart from the challenge? I played PBEM with ogres for ages.
dfunkateer

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

In light of the last few comments, I've amended the format to 7 games per season (play each team once) and will aim for a provisional time limit of 10 days per round, but if games are played faster than that then that's all good.

The time limit will not be actively enforced provided that coaches are not taking the piss and delaying things unnecessarily, this is supposed to be a bit of fun, after all!!

Zakatan & Araushar - PM me if you want to play, now that I've amended the format!

LIke I said at the start, if anyone has any suggestions/comments/criticisms, please let me know.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
Garion wrote:

then you are a crazy man lol Very Happy

I have played Ogres too, but it isnt really a fun challange imo, its more like banging your head against a castle wall to see if you can break it, you will never ever win anything. You will be stuck bottom of the bottom division for ever. with flings or Goblins at least you have a chance of progression to the next league up even though it is unlikely that you would win a cup or the top division.

If I could pick Flings in this league I might play but alas it is not to be.

dfunkateer wrote:

Like I said at the start, if anyone has any suggestions/comments/criticisms, please let me know.

let people pick the stunty teams flings, gobos, underworld and ogres after that make it random Very Happy

Maybe even vamps. No one wants to be that guy that drops out before it has even began because of a race they actually hate.

That way you wont put people off that really don't want these teams and you will still get a good chance of getting all the teams involved. Wink
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
sann0638 wrote:
Garion wrote:

blabla Ogres blabla you will never ever win anything.

as a matter of fact, ogres failed to win their own XFL
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol did a pure snotling team win it?
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it did

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
ogres failed to win their own XFL

Brilliant!! Very Happy

Garion,

I appreciate the comments but letting any coaches pick a team (stunty or otherwise) ain't gonna happen. I get the feeling that you don't like ogres and I'm sensing that you wouldn't be thrilled if they chose you, but I can tell you like your BB and it'd be a shame to lose such a dedicated coach from the league so look at it this way....

The season will be a minimum of 8 games (7 league games plus the first round of the bloodbowl) up to a maximum of 13 (7 league games, 1 play off game for promotion (if you finish 2nd or 3rd in your league) plus 5 rounds of BB (if you make it to the final) so if the 1/24 chance of you getting ogres does happen then (a) Nuffle has a sense of humour, but (b) you will only have to play them for 8 games, because......

...between seasons, the following will happen;

1 - any coaches who want to stay in the league with the team they already have will continue into the next season with that team.

2 - any coaches who want to stay in the league but with a different team will be entered into another random draw to see what race they have next.

If any coaches drop out, their replacements will be included in the draw with coaches who want to change teams. If any teams are swapped or if new coaches come into the league, a new 1,000k team will have to be submitted for the next season but the race's league position will be unaffected eg if the wood elves are promoted from the 3rd division to the 2nd division after the first season, the woodies will be in the 2nd division the following season, whether they have a new coach or not.

That should work, right?

Dfunk.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay I have another question. Say I do get ogres, then at the end of the season the fling coach drops out so i quit with ogres and re-roll to see which race i get and i get Ogres again, that means i am stuck for another 8 games. Then I would cry :'( hehe

And no that last example will not work. surely if someone gets wood elves promoted but then drops out the best thing to do would be to promote the team that finished one spot below them? You also can't swap teams between coaches. I dont think that is possible. If a coach drops you would be better giving that race to a new coach and starting them from the bottom division again.

If you want to ask some questions about how all this works send me a PM i feel your thread is starting to get a bit spam heavy and yes i know I'm somewhat to blame sorry about that Confused

p.s. I will play if you gaurentee i dont get ogres lol
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Garion here, if a coach/race is dropped best promote next eligible team and race dropped starts afresh from Division 3. Maybe Ogres will get to Div 2 if 9 drop out :p

@Freerange : what she wont know wont hurt her. She'll know, I dont know how but she will. Its a woman thing Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

As this is the first season I don't yet have it all figured out. There are a few issues that I don't have the answers for yet (eg what to do when a coach drops out or wants a different race) but once 24 coaches are in, I'll maybe have a poll or 2 to get the consensus before starting.

One thing that won't change though is that every team will be allocated at random, even ogres. Wink
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

if ogres are the issue find a coach who would volunteer to play them and randomize the rest.
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

ill play the ogres if no1 else wants them, im used to a chllange these days
Formengil

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking this was too big a commitment to play a random team. But now you decided season will be 7 games instead of 14.. Count me in. I will play anything.

That said, I hope I won't draw flings or Ogres. And especially dwarfs Wink
dfunkateer

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2012 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick update....

15 coaches confirmed so far.
8 expressed an interest but not committed yet

IF ANYONE WANTS TO JOIN THE LEAGUE, SEND ME A PM IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY DONE SO.

If you've pm'd me and had a reply, you are in and I'll let you know when we are full.

Dfunkateer
dfunkateer

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2012 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

6 spaces left.....
 Jump to: