21 coaches online • Server time: 01:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 18:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!

With the much anticipated introduction of Custom Rosters finally here I've set to work on my custom rosters project. Anyone who's been following my LRB7 thread on the House Rules forum will have seen these already. Well, now you can play them! Well, half of them, currently. Specifically the top half (up to Khemri alphabetically). I'll try and get the rest done tonight.
Edit: These are now complete and playable.

The group page for playing these rosters is here.

For now, I'm looking for people who just want to create teams and play games. This will help me get some feedback on the roster changes, and help Christer by testing the integrity of the system. In the coming weeks I'll look to start up a Highlander style (HUBBA-like; one of each team) league to give the rosters a good showing.

I'll also look at getting soem different icons and logos/portraits done, but for now these are all the standard FUMBBL ones.

If anyone is interest then let me know below, or just create a team.

Cheers

Josh

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum

Last edited by mister__joshua on %b %22, %2016 - %13:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good, I'll give it a go once the teams are all done.

DLE College 7s
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If I play with yours.. will you play with mine!? XD

JK mate, count me in! I wan Norse Smile
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

let me know when we can start!

zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I won't join the league, but I will probably steal some of your rosters for mine Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 21:08
FUMBBL Staff

That's fair enough, I'd love to see them used.

I'll first concentrate on completing them all, then look into getting new icons for some of the positions that I've changed. I'm currently using the Dark Elf Runner icon for the Assassins, as I removed the runner but think his sprite looks better (and quite assassin-y)

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2016 - 13:20
FUMBBL Staff

Finished! All of my LRB7 rosters are now complete and fully playable. Create teams and play them in Open format, or sign up and join the upcoming league!

Group Page

If you would like instead to feature these rosters in your own league then you can find them by clicking Add Roster and searching for mist/*race* eg. mist/wood will show my modified wood elves.

These rosters will be reviewed and edited slightly over time based on community feedback.

Cheers! Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum

Last edited by mister__joshua on %b %22, %2016 - %13:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2016 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Finished! All of my LRB7 rosters are now complete and fully playable. Create teams and play them in Open format, or sign up and join the upcoming league!

Group Page

If you would like instead to feature these rosters in your own league then you can find them by clicking Add Roster and searching for mist/*race* eg. mist/wood will show my modified wood elves.

These rosters will be reviewed and edited slightly over time based on community feedback.

Cheers! Very Happy

extra tip: searching for mist/___ (3 underscores) will show the full list of rosters created by Mr.J or any other mister in this site.

EDIT: the link in the previous post is borked

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2016 - 13:35
FUMBBL Staff

Cheers, fixed now.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
buuface

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2016 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

have created a team

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=843793
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2016 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I still don't see the RR pricing based on fluff reasons over team balance or gameplay.

Pact had that price to compensate for their linos GSPM access.

Chaos instead loose their normal M access and get their RR price upped in exchange for a slightly better mino. It's not that they had an easy life at low TV anyway. I gues there's another thread for that tho Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2016 - 14:23
FUMBBL Staff

@buuface: Cool. If when anyone has made a team they could apply to the group page then we can see other possible opponents Smile

@zakatan: I know what you mean, but as far as I can tell RR price has always been fluff-based. I think HM suggested it was to do with how well a team works together. If the were a balancing thing then why would Underworld or Vamps have really high priced ones, while elves (who need the least re-rolls) get the cheapest ones?

I'm happy for the rosters to be discussed here, but it may be better in the original thread Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2016 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

i mean in-roster balance. Since marauders should be 55k but they're rounded to 50k, the extra cost is derived to more expensive RR.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2016 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in ! I wont be able to play a lot but i want to try a few of those (high elves, nurgle, cpact mostly)
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2016 - 16:11
FUMBBL Staff

@zakatan: I've never heard that explanation/justification for re-roll pricing before. Where is that from?

@Patator: Great! I've accepted 4 teams into the group already. Note that teams don't have to be in the group, I'm just using that as it makes it easier to find other players.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
 Jump to: