36 coaches online • Server time: 14:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
eldritchfox

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2012 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I managed to kill Skitter Stab Stab in my last game with my undead. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3245819
During the game he appeared as a zombie but post match has vanished?
Any reason for this?
Do the stars have some special rule that prevents them becoming members of undead team?
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2012 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a bug. I had a very similar thing when I killed Eldril Sidewinder with my Nurgle team.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2012 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

In fact I seriously injured the other star sme turn but neither has appeated on match report. Guess the stars PR people have prevented such negative publicity from becoming public.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2012 - 01:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Richard Stronglightning, perhaps?
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2012 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah my rotter got a journeyman name too but an admin very kindly changed it for me.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2012 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The rules (p 69) wrote:
Finally, purchased/induced apothecaries or an Igor may not be used on Star Players ever. Star Players employ their own personal trainers and apothecaries who travel with them to heal them from almost any injury (including death) and to get in shape for their next match and will not use the team's amateur physicians.

Technically, the stars never die, so they cannot rise from the death. This would imply that there should be no zombie?

I don't remember if there is an official ruling on the matter.
Ffoley

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2012 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I came to the same conclusion when I looked at the rules today. I think its implemented correctly. Stars are supposed to be fully healed at end of match and never permanently die. During the match is a different matter.
eldritchfox

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2012 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So strictly speaking I shouldn't have gained a zombie to my roster nor Jimmy a rotter to his.

Fairy enough
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2012 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

That Blows I already had to accept the no regen no BG no Stunty stars would be available Guess I'll just have to buy rookies and name them when I kill em.

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2012 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

nexusvalhees wrote:
That Blows I already had to accept the no regen no BG no Stunty stars would be available Guess I'll just have to buy rookies and name them when I kill em.

Um, as p.69 rule states, you can't actually kill stars, cos they have personal apocs, etc. So you didn't kill them. You just thought you did. Sorry to break it to you.

Wink
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2012 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
nexusvalhees wrote:

Um, as p.69 rule states, you can't actually kill stars, cos they have personal apocs, etc. So you didn't kill them. You just thought you did. Sorry to break it to you.

Wink

That rule is vague at best
1) It doesn't say anything about dead stars not making zombies

2)There's no mention that you can't kill them just that their personal Apo travel with them to heal them from almost any injury (including death)Note you have to die to be healed from death.

3)Being turned into the walking dead would probably fall into the almost category

The ruling for zombies state if a player with str 4 without Regen or stunty is killed you get the zombie. There's no specific ruling on page 69 that would conflict with that. Obviously Stars can die or there would be no need for their personal apo to heal them from death if they could not die.

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
Leilond

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2012 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not said clearly, thus, strictly by the rules, pheraps, you're right

By the way, talking about the "idea of the rules", it look like star players don't die... that's the reason you can hire them after a game they died. And if they don't die, they cannot become a zombie (or the star player could not be hired anymore)

So, in front of a lawyer, you're right. Between friends, I suppose no
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2012 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Put it this way. Morg can't die and become a zombie because - YOU CAN HIRE HIM NEXT GAME!

Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2012 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

nexusvalhees wrote:
Obviously Stars can die or there would be no need for their personal apo to heal them from death if they could not die.

Um. I you RIP my player, but the onfield apo heals him, then no zombie for you.

gg sir!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2012 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

well at least, if you can't rise a killed star, let the necromancer rise the second kill.