18 coaches online • Server time: 01:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SLIP

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2012 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I will vote the same as everyone else. So:
Fummaski
Jimmy

Then Dreadlord for round 2
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2012 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote therefore I am.

(to be continued when the medication starts working!)

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2012 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Now you're voting too slow. I'll close the votings on saturday at 15:00 bb time or until everyone has made his.

We are a bit ahead of time because the round was supposed to end only on sunday evening but there is no need in wasting time. Just drop in the forum make your vote.

Future votes will only run 24 hours.

If I count correctly the two most voted knockout candidates are:
3 votes for Fummaski
3 votes for Jimmy

The representatives are:
3 votes for Dreadlord

Thats already the majority. So if nobody changes their vote that is how it's gonna be.

White Ninjas are tied on
1 vote for SirAble
1 vote for Nekran
1 vote for Uuni (maybe himself?)
1 vote for Dalfort (maybe himself?)
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2012 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

mine wasnt a vote for me !!!! I was on my mobile and typing was annoying me... and I felt we needed some craziness Very Happy

I vote for... omg! we managed 1 skill between 5 teams!!!

do we want a competitive team or the one that needs the boost? Question to Ninjas Smile

Then I will vote Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2012 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
do we want a competitive team or the one that needs the boost? Question to Ninjas Smile
Then I will vote Smile

I remind you guys that everyone of the four guys from your group who don't get to play this round get an extra game chip to get one more "fun" game with no consequences in if they wish.

Just a remark to make sure that newly introduced rule is understood.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2012 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers Wreckage,

I vote for the only team (Ninja) to attain a skill... Nekran and Sheer Brilliance.

Thanks, take care Dalfort
uuni

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2012 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort made a convincing argument. I will also vote for Sheer Brilliance for Champion!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2012 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems we have a majority of 3 votes for Nekran VS Dreadlord then.

Jimmy and Fumasaki will battle in the knockout match.

This round will be over as soon as both those matches are concluded. Deadline is Tuesday. Febuary, the 9th.

EXTRA GAME Chips are recieved by:

SirAble
Dalfort
SLIP
Uuni
Leilond
Belphegor

Please make sure to report back to me if you have played an extra game and I will remove your chip. If you don't use it this round you get to keep it for the next round.

Quote:
Extra Game:
If a coach isn't going to play in the current round, he is awarded an EXTRA GAME chip.
Two coaches with an EXTRA GAME chip of any group can play each other at any time they aren't locked into a game. The game has no effect on the tournament. Both coaches have to "pay" the extra game chip after the game.

If you play an EXTRA GAME without being able to pay for it, you have to start over with a fresh team.

EXTRA GAME by vote!
During the tournament a group can ONCE vote one of their coaches into receiving an EXTRA GAME chip. The member needs at least 51% of the members of group voting for him, regardless how many coaches participate in the vote.
The EXTRA GAME chip by vote is available until the groups are abandoned in round 7.

Competetivness in EXTRA GAMES:
Naturally the games have to be very competetive and will be strictly controlled. A cut throat mentality is encouraged and playing to cause damage rather then to win is perfectly fine. Non competetive play can result in a warning or the imidiate disqualification of the team. So if you simply can't play well, make at least a few fouls for appearances.
Leilond

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2012 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

We can use the extra cip only vs the opponent team or we can also play vs our own team member?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2012 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

You can play against a team member as long as it also has an EXTRA GAME chip ready to pay.
Nekran

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2012 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I'll play.... but I'm taking the ninja!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2012 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm maybe shouldnt be able to play vs team members, very soft matches may result, no fouling etc.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2012 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
hmm maybe shouldnt be able to play vs team members, very soft matches may result, no fouling etc.

you might be right...
i added the competetivness rule but I get that incentives tend to be more important then soft rules. What happens is all a bit in the air right now.

I can give you a brief look into my thinking process:
1. If I allow extra games only against the opponent group, that efficiently means in the losing group everyone gets to play, because two people play about leaving the challenge. And in the winning group two people get to sit out: Two potential opponents for four teams.
Because of the small selection of opponents there will also be very little choice on whom to pick and not every oppoenent is really worthwile playing at all. So someone gets the lucky pick and everyone else loses out. My decision process was leaning mostly towards not giving people an incentive to throw challenges on purpose.

2. Originally I thought to give the chip to people missing out in 2 back to back challenges and allow group mate matchups.
The reasoning was that somebody who is able to pick his game is at an advantage but because of the 2 game thing it wouldn't even up with people who might actually be able to play two or three games in the competetion at the same time.
But then I realised that the only real possibiliy for this to happen was after round 2/3 where really a lot of people don't get to do anything. Later on the numbers of coaches are getting low and the challenges involve between 4 to all group players and there won't be any more free games.

From that point of view, recieving an extra game didn't look very appealing to me. And me being a hardcore competetior I'd totally would have put myself up every round for the knockout competetion just to get a few more games in and proof how awsome I am.
I didn't want someone else to get the same idea. I thought what is the harm in letting everyone play an extra game for sitting out one?
The guy who gets voted into the competeve challenge can't do something about it anyways and it's in his and his groups best interest to have somebody there who can win it. The extra game is also a better incentive then getting into a knockout challenge and get kicked out.

Now the issue was: Do I allow only opponent group games or team mate games? I was seeing two potential matchups for the winning team and one potential matchup for the losing team for round 2 and thought: The losing team is ultimatly put at an advantage because it can also pick on whom to play while the winning team just has to take what it gets.
Whats the harm in giving everyone a friendly. Everyone gets the same shot, nobody is at a disadvantage.

If somebody truely plays uncompetetive I can still point that out and do something about it. Then I realised I had to make a rule about it and I did. The best solution in my eyes would be to find some incentive to want to win those games but I can't wrap my head around a fitting solution.

Maybe it would be better to only allow opponent games in retrospective. But I made the decision that way and we will just see and look how it plays out. I have never tried something like this before and it's certainly all still a bit experimental.

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %03, %2012 - %13:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Nekran

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2012 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Chips aren't spent, but bet? So winner takes the other guy's chip. X chips (4? 5? How man rounds will this tournament more or less last?) gives you immunity from elimination for a round?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2012 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Nekran wrote:
Chips aren't spent, but bet? So winner takes the other guy's chip. X chips (4? 5? How man rounds will this tournament more or less last?) gives you immunity from elimination for a round?

Hmm, I like the basic idea. Although I don't see how to make it happen like this without giving people unlimited rope to play games, whats not a good idea.

Hmm.. how about this:
A person who wins an EXTRA GAME recieves a LEVERAGE coin. Two people playing an EXTRA GAME can bet LEVERAGE coins on the game. A person can use three LEVERAGE coins to change the vote of one person during any voting (Should be three coins if two people play each other both possesing a leverage coin. Ie. the winner gets to keep his old coin, recieve a coin from the opponent and get a third coin for winning the game.)
 Jump to: