19 coaches online • Server time: 08:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
opusthefowl

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I think I've gotten this straight now and had a league-mate verify it...

If I am the stronger team, I could add 50k to get babes. The weaker team would then have the original amount on inducements plus the 50K.

If I am the weaker team, lets say -30TV, if I want babes I must add 50K to get them, not just 20K which would total 50K.

If I am receiving 30K from the stadium (as per the LRB), why in heck do I lose it if I want to buy an inducement?

I fail to see any logic here...and to give the LRB credit, there is a fair bit of logic in there...very silly.
gibby33

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

the money you put towards inducement goes towards your tv so your oppo will have a 20k in inducements while you get to spend the money you invested for inducements.

Last edited by gibby33 on %b %07, %2012 - %19:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

because you add the petty cash to your TV for the ga,e, which means you no longer get the inducement cash because you now have the higher TV

it makes perfect sense

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

On a fluff note, why would the stadium give you money, even if you look weaker, if you can spend cash by yourself to get as good as your opponent?

To me it makes sense Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

So a -50TV team gets Babes while a -40 must spend 50K to get Babes...ya, that makes perfect sense.

It make more sense to spend $10K to get the Babes.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 19:15
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

If you're playing tabletop, you can use the Bank Rules instead. Those were proposed and tested by the BBRC, but vetoed by Jervis. He put in petty cash and created this confusing situation. It would be cool if that were an option on Fumbbl someday.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Opus is actually right. Yes we all understand that adding petty cash increases your TV, but it shouldn't really because Petty Cash doesn't count towards your TV. However I don't think its to big a deal really, and it works pretty well as is.

As Kryten said... this is a result of one of the main rules being taken out before release. Had petty cash and the bank stayed as intended then petty cash would add to your TV and banked money would not, which would clear up the confusion here.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll stand for almost anything, however I draw the line on questions about petty cash and how the client handles break tackle.

In short, if you don't understand; read the official rules. It isn't in fumbbl's criteria to explain them for you.
 Jump to: