15 coaches online • Server time: 04:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nath284

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

First of all I apologise if I posted this is in the wrong forum.

On to my questions, basically me and a friend of mine are going to a tabletop tournament in a couple of months but don't live close enough to each other to practice/test our teams so we intend to use fumbbl.
Problem is the tournament uses partly advanced teams (I.e. you start of with a bit of extra cash and you can distribute a few skills) so I was wondering does fumbbl have the facility to play with pre constructed/skilled teams privately with no advancement/injury ect?
I remember in the old client you could privately make a team with pre selected skills but I'm unaware if that's still possible with the new client.

Alternatively I'm aware that in ranked there is a rule of thumb that you shouldn't play the same coach too often and that teams can't play two consecutive games against each other.
Is there a division where me and my mate can just repeatedly play each other? Could I set up a private league for example with just the two of us or does this violate some rules?

I hope this post has made sense and I hope someone can answer the questions or advise me on the situation.

Cheers

Nath
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

nath284 wrote:
Hi

First of all I apologise if I posted this is in the wrong forum.

On to my questions, basically me and a friend of mine are going to a tabletop tournament in a couple of months but don't live close enough to each other to practice/test our teams so we intend to use fumbbl.
Problem is the tournament uses partly advanced teams (I.e. you start of with a bit of extra cash and you can distribute a few skills) so I was wondering does fumbbl have the facility to play with pre constructed/skilled teams privately with no advancement/injury ect?
I remember in the old client you could privately make a team with pre selected skills but I'm unaware if that's still possible with the new client.

Not yet. But I think you can start a test game and assign skills... forgot how it worked, think you need to read a blog from Kalimar for that.

Quote:
Alternatively I'm aware that in ranked there is a rule of thumb that you shouldn't play the same coach too often and that teams can't play two consecutive games against each other.
Is there a division where me and my mate can just repeatedly play each other? Could I set up a private league for example with just the two of us or does this violate some rules?

League, you can play each other as much as you want there.
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Taken from Kalimar's blog...

FFB Development Update XIII
Test mode: I'm just putting the finishing touches on the test mode we discussed in the "Closing Bugs" thread.

* You'll be able to enter test mode simply by using a game name that starts with the prefix "test:".

* In test mode there will be no result uploading and the game does not appear on the games page.

* In test mode you can login twice (that is play against yourself), the only restriction being that you can't play a team against itself (so you need 2 different teams).

* Team ownership is not checked so you can "borrow" a team from someone else - you can even test your team against a specific opponent by playing both your team and his.

* In test mode you get a /roll chat command to determine the next rolls of the RNG. Say you want to fail a 4+ Pickup with successful Loner reroll afterwards you would give a /roll 1 4 4 command before starting the move.

* In addition to that you can temporarily add skills to a player (or remove a skill) via a /skill add <playernr> <skillname> command. Ever wanted to throw that Woodelf catcher with your tree? Just give him Right Stuff and there you go. Want your mino tamed? Just remove the Wild Animal skill via /skill remove <playernr> <skillname>.

Sounds cool?
Validating bugfixes will be a breeze.
And you can have your own "training camp" to experiment.

In answer to the second question, you can play as many times against whoever you want with any teams you like in the [L]eague division. Confusingly enough, you don't have to be in a league to play league!

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

What a surprise, Woodstock was faster than me! Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Cribbleobblepie wrote:
What a surprise, Woodstock was faster than me! Wink

Ninja'd!
nath284

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers guys, just what I was looking for, test mode seems ideal, The only problem I see is that although I can add the nessecary skills to construct the team it wouldn't allow the extra starting cash inorder to buy the starting lineup.

So just to clarify me and my friend can repeatedly play our league teams against each other to get the required money to construct the line up we intended to use and then we can use test mode to add the required skills ect we arent going to get banned or something for breaking some rules I'm unaware of?
These teams won't be used for anything other than our practice games and will be retired after the tournament.

Cheers for the help gents.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yar, in league you can.
nath284

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the clarification.

Cheers

Nath
Enigma179

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Another option (although it might be time consuming in the longer run) is to just make 2 teams filled with linemen (don't even have to be the proper race) and then add the skills and stats appropriate, along with rerolls and the like. In the longer run though, it probably would just be easier to grind two teams to have the proper cash though...

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Or you could use the botocs client, which would make this an aweful lot easier.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Or you could use the botocs client, which would make this an aweful lot easier.

Yeah as long as you can play direct, botocs or javabowl with a html editor would be much better than using fumbbl for this purpose.
 Jump to: