43 coaches online • Server time: 12:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
uuni

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2012 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I understand your point, Nelphine, and I appreciate it.

My point was that the implementation of Pass Block is quite much more trickier than the current things. It is quite possible that coding it introduces new bugs either so that it does not fully follow the rules (as the KOR should not make anyone Bonehead) or that the game will get broken in special circumstances (the old Frenzy second push onto ball -bug).

Blood bowl makes many things to have interactions with each other. Depending of the way of implemeting things in the client, it is possible that new functionality will break old functionality with ways that were not imagined.

Still, I fully applaud when they will implement Pass Block into the client in some form. Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2012 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

also dont forget the freaky rules about treemen with passblock.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2012 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

We had this discussion on how to code it before. No official answer there, I think.

I've heard Christer has spent some time on developing some kind of path finder for Pass Block, but that's been a while back as well.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2012 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

According to Kalimar's last blog, he got to a point where the code needed serious cleaning and bug fixing before he's gonna add new stuff. I'm assuming this is why the coding has slowed down at, and not due to complication with implementing the last skills (ie pass block). I might be wrong.