68 coaches online • Server time: 21:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like a tourney system?
Yes!
81%
 81%  [ 18 ]
No
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
What!?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pie division is better
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2012 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering if it would be liked by the community to have a tourney-like system.
Something similar to real life BB tourneys made by the NAF (chech thenaf.net).

For those not familiar with it and to make my point clear, I was wondering about a division where team where "built", instead of created, by buying a team and then adding a defined number of skills, to join specific events.
As an example, a common way for NAF tourneys is a 1050 TV starting roster plus six skill given to chosen players, five of them being chosen amongst the "normal roll" choice, one as a "double roll" choice. No inducements are allowed during the event. The event then arranges randomly all the teams who joined, proceding with a swiss sistem to arrange following matchups. It goes on for 6 matches, then the team with most points will win, and some other rewards will be given like most TDs, CAS, best defence or similar.

Of course there are many options (roster TV, number of skills, skills given all at the beginning or one after each match, master chef possible as a purchase for halflings, etc.)

This could be a nice option for players, giving an environment with few skills but great balance, and a very attractive one for most real life tourney players, who usually are fair and good coaches.

What's your opinion?
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2012 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well not implementet yet in league. Will come as soon as Christer gets done in his own time Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2012 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

already added to the wish list. - http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=21378

But yeah it would be cool.
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2012 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
already added to the wish list. - http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=21378

But yeah it would be cool.

Uh yeah, I forgot the resurrection rule!
But from the options I see there there's nothing like RL-tourneys "static" team play: meaning spps are deleted at the end of each match and the only additional skills are those that the tourney rules allow coaches to give to players. Or did I miss it? Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2012 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

the first part is what resurection means really e.g. SPP doesnt count, teams are returned to thier original state. The bit about adding subsequent skills would be handled by the option to edit rosters in league.
krytie

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2012 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

All leagues currently have the "non-progression" option when creating a tourney. They just don't seem very popular.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2012 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup but the missing part of that is the ability to give them starting skills and being able to edit rosters to add skills later. Which is probably the key to them being used really, but yeah thats covered in the wish list Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2012 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You can't use standard teams with them though, if you do the tourney progresses as normal.

It's a league thing and hopefully will happen one day.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2012 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

krytie wrote:
All leagues currently have the "non-progression" option when creating a tourney. They just don't seem very popular.

The non-progression option only allows rookie teams created as non-progression teams.

I'd really like to see leagues where a bad game doesn't ruin the fun for the rest of the season. I'd also like to have the option to change a team from progression to non-progression and viceversa. That way teams would be skilled playing normally and then locked for a league.
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2012 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to use the test game as the platform for this type of set up to play the games and use the current league options to help keep track of who goes where?

In the test game made, you are able to add skills to players.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2012 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

propuppetmaster wrote:
Is it possible to use the test game as the platform for this type of set up to play the games and use the current league options to help keep track of who goes where?

somewhat it is possible. You can set up the teams as you wish in the test mode but the game won't upload. Then the league admin can manually forfeit the game and add points to the teams if it's a league. This way no results will be shown for the entire tournament, though. Just forfeited games.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2012 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

propuppetmaster wrote:

It's possible but cumbersome. It would require tracking all match results yourself, as well as manually making teams. I suppose building a good interface around it with saved teams and matches would help.
 Jump to: