52 coaches online • Server time: 12:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Raughri wrote:
koadah wrote:
Some people get the hump if you offer advice when they haven't asked for it. Even when they are obviously completely clueless.

Depends how you approach it, naturally. I remember I was grateful for any advice, asked for or not when I first started (still am by the way).

Koadah is right, even in academy you got this. Generally, I ask afterwards if they want pointers or not.

If yes, I give 2 pieces of advice they can work with instantly, and tell them 1 thing they did well, and should keep doing.

In this case though, you couldn't do that. As it is a competitive division, you shouldn't 'ease up' really, however you can play a little bit more passive.
Camy

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

hale wrote:
that is good relationship advice also ^^

Who do i send my ticket to after 24hrs of no reply from the Mrs? Wink
coombz

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2012 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Raughri wrote:
If he couldn't chat then you couldn't offer him advice, which is what I tend to do with new players. I don't think you have done wrong. Hopefully you haven't driven him away from the game forever, and he will be back.

Point him in the direction of Koadah's excellent 145 Open League for new coaches, if you get the chance.

Does the 145 stuff still exist? ;o

I've found #145 to be empty and no activity in #Fumbblacademy Sad

Really hoping the planned re-release of A division happens in the not too distant future
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2012 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

coombz wrote:
Raughri wrote:
If he couldn't chat then you couldn't offer him advice, which is what I tend to do with new players. I don't think you have done wrong. Hopefully you haven't driven him away from the game forever, and he will be back.

Point him in the direction of Koadah's excellent 145 Open League for new coaches, if you get the chance.

Does the 145 stuff still exist? ;o

I've found #145 to be empty and no activity in #Fumbblacademy Sad

Really hoping the planned re-release of A division happens in the not too distant future

145 club is going strong. Actually though, I didn't know the channel still existed tbh.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2012 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Still going strong. Wink

You'll need to sign up to be kept up to date.

#145 is finished now. Please let me know where you saw a reference to it.

#Fumbblacademy does go quite quiet when the most prolific Open Leaguers have played most of their games.

Chat really needs another ShadyGlen type character to keep it lively and meet/greet people. If you are anywhere near Taranaki we could do with someone finding his cave and pulling him out. Wink

It should all be livelier when the next Open League kicks off on the 2nd March.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2012 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Taranaki is a scary place.

Lots of sheep.

Smile

Jump to: