49 coaches online • Server time: 14:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
In EMU Season 3, should we reduce the EMU Points given for a touchdown scored to two (2) from the current three (3)?
Yes!
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
No, the current scoring is fine.
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Ignorant & Apathetic
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2004 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The awards are ready to be handed out, the potential all-stars wait nervously for their name to be called...

EMU ALL-STAR GALA (CLICK ME)

Its hosted on a geoshitties site, so if the link doesnt work try again in a few minutes. SHouldnt be an issue tho as all the graphics are 20K or smaller and bandwidth shouldnt be a problem.

As always, feel free to b&m, critique or comment!

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2004 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Site is still up Smile Amazing Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

So what do people have of plans for next season? Anyone else trying to make a rat team? Wink

I think I will go for an amazon team this time - will be interesting.

Thanks for a nice season and the price BunnyPuncher Smile

Regards

Zsarts
Clementus

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Still going well, now just need to wait for the Allstars match. Poor Emuers, heh. I will post the voted on EMU rebellion side soon as poss.

Is it possible to find out the TR/STR of your team in case a few changes have to be made?

Flings Rule!
Colin

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

As a neutral observer, it's all very impressive. Well done on running such a successful group, even if it does revolve around mashing elves Confused

One thing to note: FUMBBL currently has a bug which fails to show the second stat increase if a player has two of the same type (it's in bugzilla, worry not). As such, a few of the players on the above website have a few unreported stat increases, such as the Ma 6 Troll (I thought it was an Ogre for a long while). You might want to check for these discrepencies.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

What if you only got points for tds in excess of what your oponents. For example if the score was 3-2 in the emu members favor you would get three points for the one td in excess of what you oponent scored. This would give some of the bashier teams who get far fewer games against elves then the less bashy teams a slightly better shot at making it to the top. As it is the skaven/humans/zons can just play a lot of games and score alot of tds to get to the top of the emu without actually mangling that many elves. It would encourage more elf mangaling instead of just plain old boring winning games against elves, anyone can do that. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

arrr ill be making a new skaven and amazon elfbasher team!
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin: only one answer to that... ctrl-c ctrl-v... and thanks for the praise (I think)

Well, since its being discussed here anyway, what changes should be made to the EMU scoring system? We've now had two seasons and the first was won by a dorf (but with under 100pts iirc) and the second by skaven (469 pts). I personally think the current point system favors the speedy scoring teams... so consider the following possibilities....

1. Change it to 1pt / TD (from 3) and make winning the game worth 10 pts (from 5).
2. Double the cas points resulting in 2pt for BH, 4pt for SI, 6pt for RIP, 12pt for Perma-RIP. This would reduce the overall value of TDs proportionatly.
3. Add a concession bonus of 10pts (this is likely to happen)
4. Make a kill worth 1/2 of the victims total SPP (min 6, on perma kills only)
5. As per thumbscrews post.. only count delta positive TDs

One other thing that will be new for Season 3. In addition to the team championship there will also be a coach championship. So coaches can enter "stables" of teams and combine the point totals.

Gimme yer feedback.