16 coaches online • Server time: 07:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Favourite food from a chippy?
Fish and Chips
48%
 48%  [ 26 ]
Battered Sausage and Chips
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Burger and Chips
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Savaloy Dip
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Pie and Chips
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 54

Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2012 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I've tried to help, but you're just too invested to see this clearly.

It's simple, AV10 G access is just too good without some serious negatives.

Good luck.

p.s. Yes the Crab Rocks!
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2012 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see this clearly, I just disagree with you. St1 with G access and Ma3 is not a good player, every other team has for more effective killers, also Claw access is not uncommon in this league anyway. Plus you can only get two of these guys and the rest of the team is av6. Just as weak as skyre slaves.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Shadow in light of your guide lines. I would be interested to hear from your on the roster on page 1 as I feel it does fit all these points.

1) you must have fluff
check

2) rosters must fit into the blood bowl universe...somehow
Check, nuaticans are the race of fishmen that live under the seas between the continents of the warhammer/bloodbowl world

3) design ideas must be complete rosters, from a-z
check

4) rosters must have some level of balance taken into account
I belive i have achieved this, though Craftnburn has an issue with the Ignimbrite, though the rest of the feedback has all been very good craftnburn aside.
Personally i think 2 St1 players with G access only is not so powerful considering they have St1 Ma3 so cant move without gfi after standing up. They do have av10 and regen to fit their fluff, also they would be unlikly to take MB and Po as a double due to their lava throwing ability. So would be interested to hear your thoughts on this. The team as a whole is a running team, though they are very weak, av6 and have no real bash potential outside of the two ignimbrites, as the Crab starts with Claws which is only really useful against other Big Guys in this league. They have a TTM option but it is unreliable due to the Crabs claws slicing the Cresters in half. They aren't the fastest team in Stunty Leeg, but they are still fairly fast but also pretty soft ignimbrites aside, I have aimed for this roster to be mid tier 2 of stunty leeg.

5) be original
check

6) no...damned..."ling" teams...
check

anyway would like to hear from you if possible, as you say you have reserved the right to change them a bit anyway. So would be interested to see what you like and what you would change if anything?

cheers Smile

Last edited by Garion on Feb 27, 2012 - 15:30; edited 1 time in total
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

i've only briefly glossed over the rosters currently posted on the forums...been too busy the past week or so to sit down and troll through the threads to get a solid idea of what's going on with these rosters...

it's on my "to do" list though in the upcoming days...

--j

ImageImage
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

**deleted**

Last edited by Craftnburn on Feb 27, 2012 - 15:40; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I did sorry :S

There you go, changed it Wink

sorry about that.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2012 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

now that SW rolls are confirmed for Stunty I have put the SW skill on the Ignimbrites

Also added player pics too Very Happy

Nauticans FTW \o/
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2012 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Nauticans are now finished, check the first post. Player pics are complete, player icons are complete and team photo. and of course the fluff and roster, but those were there from day 1.

special thanks to cowhead for the icons Smile

Now to try and get Shadow to agree to letting this roster in Very Happy

edit: oh and i know the ignimbrites are a little big for st 1 players, but they have dauntless and are really able to shift to any size so i felt this size represented their ability more, they also throw fireballs too, so if they were tiny st1 player size it would be miss leading.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2012 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

For some reason, this is the first time I've seen this, who did the crab?

Not overly excited about the theme, however we've talked about what we'd like to see from a fishman team. That crab needs to be used for something though.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2012 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Cowhead did the crab.

why don't you like the theme, fits the fluff of the Nautican race perfectly well, and the team has a unique play style in stunty. I think it would be a very nice addition to stunty, fits all shadows criteria and they actually exist in the warhammer world (as you say 'fishmen') unlike many rosters suggestions I've seen.

If this gets the go ahead I think a sea witch would be a really good star player, obviously a St5 tentacles player.
blader4411

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2012 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe the Crab can be used as a Majors prize? Very Happy
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Would a crab have think skull?
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The crab is unreal! Why not make it a squid team like the Southstorm Squids?

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

mine doesn't, he is av9 which is enough imo and represents his carapace. But if Whatball would rather he did I could live with that.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
The crab is unreal! Why not make it a squid team like the Southstorm Squids?

yeah I thought about that for a while but I wouldn't know where to start with that team really, also the Southstorm Squids are meant to be absolutely aweful.

there is also no confirmation anywhere about their race, a fair bit of their fluff points towards them being Dark Elf too. they definately had an Elf wizard for starters. but other fluff points towards them being Squids... literrally as I believe they only played when it rained.

I went with the Nautican theme in the end.

For those that don't know Nauticans are the race that live under the great sea between the Old world and Lustria/Naggaroth.
 Jump to: