40 coaches online • Server time: 14:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Has the Stunty skill to be a defining element for all stunty leeg teams?

I had an idea about a bunch of weak humans (commoners/peasants... something like that), but there would really be no way to make them all stunty fluff-wise. They'd basically be a human team (consisting of humans, not a stunty version of the humn roster!) simply far to weak to compete in regular Blood Bowl.

They are already in place and they are called Pygmies

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

No, I more was thinking of simple townsfolk - though a major flaw already is, that it would be hard to justify "normal" humans only have ST 2. Especially when they're usually working on fields or so.

They'd bring scarecrows, working horses (as secret weapons of course) and stuff like that... very different from Pygmies.

It was a very vague idea and I think I'll let it go. Just thought that the essential question how important the Stunty skill is would be of general interest and therefor asked it anyway. Smile

A more promising idea would be a team composed of artificial constructs, bred from a mix of alchemy, magic and mechanics. Featuring clockwork beings, golems (as big guys), floating disks and things like that. A mix of Star Wars droids, scary toys and of course steam punk...

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
and of course steam punk...
/barf

btw, I think the Bray Herd are still ready to go.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

this isn't star wars...

and personally, i hate that series...

--j

ImageImage
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Rabe wrote:
and of course steam punk...
/barf

Have to agree, no love for steam punk. The Skaven machines are plenty enough.

Rabe wrote:
A more promising idea would be a team composed of artificial constructs, bred from a mix of alchemy, magic and mechanics. Featuring clockwork beings, golems (as big guys), floating disks and things like that. A mix of Star Wars droids, scary toys and of course steam punk.

No flying players!* (Right CnB) Wink

*Acceptable players include those launched from an apparatus or tossed by a team mate. The player used as a projectile must have no means to sustain or control flight. Why? Because it is funny.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
So you're eliminating Pixies? Wink That sucks, I love those new winged icons!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
WhatBall wrote:
So you're eliminating Pixies? Wink That sucks, I love those new winged icons!

Touché!

At least they have legs. Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I totally took the wrong examples then, I guess. I really don't know steam punk, thought it was a mix of fantasy and early industrialization elements (just like warhammer basically). I only saw two of the "new" star wars episodes and didn't like them, just remembered the mix of robots in that one army there...

If I ever give it a try, I'll come up with totally different fluff, of course.

And the floating disc is not supposed to fly, but to hover a few inches above the ground - just like the one you can summon with some kind of D&D spell, IIRC. But I guess this is not D&D as well. Wink

You got me there - if I create something, I'll take the hate into account. As well as the design rules of course. Smile

Edit:
And it occured to me that we already got the Skryre slaves... my image is a completely different one though.

Jump to: