38 coaches online • Server time: 02:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
These creatures are known to be predators in the disformity, but rather weak and useless when materialized in the real world.
Is this from a GW source? It doesn't really fit with the information I have on them. From what I've read these things can shred full sized troops in WFB. (Anyone have WFB Stats?)

zakatan wrote:
As claw is pretty useless in stunty, Juggernaut instead is viable too.
Juggernaut certainly fits more than Claw (which they don't have). Plus, if it's "pretty useless in stunty" why would someone want to hire a star with it? Remember that Stars are now Inducements which means they are supposed to help make up the difference between too unevenly matched teams. If they're "pretty useless" how can they do that?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
With the 2 star per team I think the goal is a cheapish star (50~100k) and a more powerful one.

To be clear, I was trying to get two stars per team on the rosters using existing stars, ideally there should be 3-5 stars per team once new ones are created.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Plus, if it's "pretty useless in stunty" why would someone want to hire a star with it?

Remember though, many of the regular stars have some odd skills. I don't think that all the star players need to be built like min/maxers, or completely 'ideal'. Fun, fluff, and more fun.

What that means for the flying fish, who knows. Maybe they need Diving Catch. Get it, fish dive in the sea and you catch them...

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Craftnburn wrote:
Plus, if it's "pretty useless in stunty" why would someone want to hire a star with it?

Remember though, many of the regular stars have some odd skills. I don't think that all the star players need to be built like min/maxers, or completely 'ideal'. Fun, fluff, and more fun.

What that means for the flying fish, who knows. Maybe they need Diving Catch. Get it, fish dive in the sea and you catch them...

also there are gnomes and BGs with respectable armour values to take care of.

I read about these creatures in the Battle bestiary (or something like that) of WHF, second ed. i believe, some 15 years ago. Their stat like at the time was pretty crap actually, serving mostly as a transport mean for tzeentch paladins than anything else. Stats similar to a horse, but faster.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
I read about these creatures in the Battle bestiary (or something like that) of WHF, second ed. i believe, some 15 years ago. Their stat like at the time was pretty crap actually, serving mostly as a transport mean for tzeentch paladins than anything else. Stats similar to a horse, but faster.
You're thinking of the Discs of Tzeentch. Screamers are different. See this and this
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

different versions of the same thing to me, really. Just tweaked a little to make them more exciting and playable. Still their statline is no tougher than a human (or a horse for that matter).

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Fairies Star

Hornswoggle 100k
Having grown bored of the daily grind, Hornswoggle decided to leave his pot of gold and make his way in the world. He would travel town to town seeking out the biggest and baddest and challenge them in the age old sport of wrestling. Bearing many scars and many victorys he has decided to turn his hand to the beautiful game.

MA 6 ST 1 AG 3 AV 7

Dauntless, Dodge, Right Stuff, Strip Ball, Stunty, Thick Skull, Wrestle
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

i can't help but laugh at Hornswoggle....

he needs his own personal big guy...Fit Finlay Very Happy

--j

ImageImage
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it cowhead.

I'll start adjusting the front page to get include all the proposed stars, and then we can whittle them down to the best ones once we get a good selection.

Remember to add names too to your Stars. Garion, is Butcher the player type or name? If this flying fish ends up a star, it needs a name too.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
different versions of the same thing to me, really. Just tweaked a little to make them more exciting and playable. Still their statline is no tougher than a human (or a horse for that matter).
I think they're different things because they still have Discs. Screamers aren't ridden.
btw, St 3 Av 7 is pretty close to a "human" although low for a Horse.

WhatBall wrote:
If this flying fish ends up a star, it needs a name too.
Name: Screamer of Tzeentch. They're a creature not a singular entity.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think WhatBall is probably right - all the other stars are singular entities, not some type of positional you can only get in certain rare circumstances. So, we probably should be looking at a particular Screamer, who Tzeentch thinks is ridiculous enough to allow him to play in Stunty, which would justify this particular Screamer having worse stats than might be indicated by other sources. Additionally: Claw fits their fluff. Other skills might fit their fluff too, but every time you mention 'shredding people', you conjure up images of claws, even if those 'claws' aren't actually on a hand.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Zend Sickstench - Plague Snotling

5/2/3/5
Loner, Dodge, Side Step, Right Stuff, Stunty, Titchy, Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance, Regeneration, Big Hand

Cost: 70k
Teams: Snotling, Nurgling

Zend was a rising star War Hawks player. The Hawks fans loved the sight of a flying snotling…and he was quickly proven to be a nightmare to defend against. Dodging through opposing legs, he was always there for a foul, or whenever the ball scattered free. His excited "Waaaaaa" as he flew through the air was almost a catch phrase!

The end came against Nurgle. The Nurgle Warrior line was rolling up the pitch, and in desperation, Gronk, the team captain, looked for ammunition to throw at Lord Sickstench the Putrid. Jamming Zend's helmet firmly onto his head, spike out front, Gronk took careful aim and threw Zend straight inside the gaping maw as Lord Sickstench picked another Snotling to snack on. The spike smashed straight out of Sickstench's head, and his eyes crossed for a second before collapsing stone dead.

In the cheering and celebration that followed, nobody remembered about Zend. When he woke, he could feel the diseases of Nurgle infesting his body. His hands had grown to monstrous sizes, and boils had broken out all over his body. Curiously, while he remembered his bones shattering, he seemed to be okay again. In fact, his wiry muscles pulsed with unholy strength of the Curse!

Zend was born to play Bloodbowl, and a little thing like an ancient curse of Nurgle wasn't going to stop him. While no normal teams would go near him, he sometimes turns up for a single game in the Stunty Leeg. He never stays with a team for long, something about the smell…

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Poisoned Wind Globadier, Doom Diver Catapult, Deathroller, Are these singular entities?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Really like Zend.

What about leaving his ST at 1 and giving him AG4? Might fit the fluff better for being thrown so much? Just something to think about. Will add him to page one.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Poisoned Wind Globadier, Doom Diver Catapult, Deathroller, Are these singular entities?

Once they get proper names as proposed, yes.