29 coaches online • Server time: 09:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should PO be altered so that it only affects AV roll?
Yes!
56%
 56%  [ 26 ]
No!
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Blizzard is not the company you are looking for...
28%
 28%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 46

zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

SergeiBautin wrote:
D3, release now pls. Papa needs a new toy,this one is broken. Smile

You'd better grab a chair.
On1

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
On1 wrote:
Calcium, aren't you that guy i played in the Cup, where i was a total underdog, but still managed to win... Only to have my place taken by you as a wildcard cause some admin failed to inform people personally that they had to re-signup after winning their bracket..

oh i'm sorry...we, the tournament staff, are not your personal bitch...

if you can't be bothered to sign up for a main bracket after you win a qualifier...that's your own fault...

don't take it out on calcium because *you* failed...

--j

Don't get me started here shadow.

The announcement (about re-signup) was written in the Grotty Little News-something... A place i had not visited on site ever. It had no direct relation to the tournament rules.(those i had read)

No tournament-staff is not my personal-category-C-swear-word(as you put it) I'm happy we agree on that... Actually i respect them for the work they put into these tournaments. (and next time, i will make sure to sign up after winning my bracket.)

I am not taking anything out on Calcium, i treat Calcium how he should be treated. There is not one grain of friendly in this guy. However, sometimes you will see him fake it.

Oh. and stop using BOLD, to make it sound like the "admin" part was something i was really mad about... I had to point out the reason why i didn't sign up in the first place.

Last edited by On1 on %b %05, %2012 - %17:%Mar; edited 3 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
On1 wrote:
Calcium, aren't you that guy i played in the Cup, where i was a total underdog, but still managed to win... Only to have my place taken by you as a wildcard cause some admin failed to inform people personally that they had to re-signup after winning their bracket..

oh i'm sorry...we, the tournament staff, are not your personal bitch...

if you can't be bothered to sign up for a main bracket after you win a qualifier...that's your own fault...

don't take it out on calcium because *you* failed...

--j

Don't get me started here shadow.

I think he intended to finish you, not get you started.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I just hope Wizards of the Coast does something to improve Sneaky Git.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
I think he intended to finish you, not get you started.

In that case, he failed as you can see. But thanks for assisting me. Letting me know what his agenda was. I appreciate it.

I'm glad that you are on my side, atleast.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:
The announcement (about re-signup) was written in the Grotty Little News-something... A place i had not visited on site ever.

Paper, or newspaper. Not News-something, Newspaper.
The Grotty Little Newspaper. Origin of all your confusion and pain! Read up on us now!

And do visit more often...
On1

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Calthor wrote:
On1 wrote:
The announcement (about re-signup) was written in the Grotty Little News-something... A place i had not visited on site ever.

The Grotty Little Newspaper. Origin of all your confusion and pain! Read up on us now!

You know what? I will do so.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:
Calthor wrote:
On1 wrote:

You know what? I will do so.

it is a very healthy habit really. GLN is an outstanding piece of journalism.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
This is fairly epic.

I say we form a mob to burn Calc and his corrupt admin friends!

I got me a pitchfork! Who got the burning torches?!

Homemade claws FTW!

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:
I am not taking anything out on Calcium, i treat Calcium how he should be treated. There is not one grain of friendly in this guy. However, sometimes you will see him fake it.

The funniest thing about this is that I really don't know who you are! I'm sure we have played, but it couldn't have been that memorable....sorry mate, I just don't remember it Smile

As for me faking it? Quiet now, I had loads of coaches believing my crap there for a while Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
On1 wrote:

The funniest thing about this is that I really don't know who you are! I'm sure we have played, but it couldn't have been that memorable....sorry mate, I just don't remember it Smile

As for me faking it? Quiet now, I had loads of coaches believing my crap there for a while Wink

not me... when you post i can only look at your avatar
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Were_M_Eye wrote:
Just listen to what RandomOracle had to say about it when he was on Three Die Block.

you fancy writing it up for those of us that have no way of listening to it Wink

Seriously, you whant to read a podcast? You don't got speakers on your computer or a moblie phone that can play mp3? And you don't read podcasts, you listen to them for entertainment. Do you get screenplays for movies and read them too?

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Garion- I listened to it the other day.
Basically RO said obvious stuffs that the 3db guys often couldn't understand.

There is a nugget in there about c-pomb, did you miss that one?

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2012 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

i want to read the podcast - there's many things that are better about text than about listening to audio.

-can skim past the dull bits
-can re-read and dwell on the interesting bits
-reading speed is much faster than speech. combined with skimming, can digest the interesting stuff within at least 5x less time
-clearer, can always tell what people have said instead of struggling with accents or bad mics

-can read at work, can't listen at work
-can listen at home, but would rather be playing BB instead. can't play BB at work
-not interested in a audio BB interview enough to want to listen to it outside of work
-text can have copy pasted extracts onto forums to discuss or quote
-text's wider audience reached means more discussion

note i've not listened to any BB podcasts, so its not a reflection on any of them but:
i personally dislike radio DJs, they just get in the way of the music.
i would prefer a transcript so that i don't have to hear the people's mannerisms, speech, etc. i'm not interested in the personalities involved, i don't want to get to know you, etc. instead i want to garner useful information, see if there's interesting ideas or comments made.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2012 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

so to sum up: you don't want to work at work

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2012 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

well... i'm posting on a forum for an online game :p so...
 Jump to: