59 coaches online • Server time: 22:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TheLegend

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Aparantly, there's a rule on fumbbl that means even if a bug in the client gives one person an advantage over the other, the game must be completed and reported as normal

what do you all think about this rule?

I can say from personal experience that it sucks.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

In most cases, where it's possible, people will agree to a reload. But you need a hard rule to fall back on if an agreement can't be reached, or if there's no option of reloading.
Rimmer

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well since everyon is supposed to know about it, it is in the agreement you verified when joining and everytime it updates you need to reverify it, I do not see what the problem is...

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see a problem. The JBB program is the rules, not the LRB.

AFAIK all the differences are well documented so you can't claim ignorance.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Not much else they could do to handle it. Most oponents will try and come to a fair agreement with you in the event of a bug. I remeber one time I was playing halflings against wood elves and his wardancer scored a td and just as the td was scored we lost connection and reconnected real fast and the game gave him two tds. The wardancer even got 6 spps. My oponent and i agreed to let my poor little flings run one in without him tring to stop me, not perfect since 2 turns got chopped off the clock to get the scores even but it worked out decent. Anyway, back to the point, i don't see how fumbbl could change this rule, it sucks, but there isn't any better rule they could use.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. I played a game once where a bouncing ball landed on a prone player and stayed there. After a reload, the ball dissapeared completely! Even after the player got up there was still no ball to be found. Further reloads gave the same result. I was winning at that stage, but I told the other person it was a null game because I felt it was unfair and we never finished, despite him wanting to. It seems I have not read the fumbbl rules correclty. Hopefully i dont get banned...

Oscar Wilde
TheLegend

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

DoubleSkulls wrote:
I don't see a problem. The JBB program is the rules, not the LRB.

AFAIK all the differences are well documented so you can't claim ignorance.

I'm not talking about a rules diference (i.e. diving tackle) I'm talking about a mistake in the program that gives an opponent an unfair advantage

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

grod in your case the whole ball disappeared and you couldn't get it back, thats an example of a bug causing the game to be unable to finish, you simply can't play without a ball being there
TheLegend

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

sure you can, you just can't score

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry- that ws out of line

I'm still mad about the way my situation was handled

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Say, could you elaborate on what your situation was and how it was handled? It might save someone else a lot of trouble some day...

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The handling of diving tackle is an advantage to dodging teams. What was your problem?

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

A bug in the client caused the half to end early preventing a score.
My opponent and I agree that the game could not be completed fairly and therefore should not be completed

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Um, might you have rolled riot? Wink No, I see your point, but I feel that if an advantage is given from a bug, be it mine or an opponent's, I just tell him to call it a "Gift of Nuffle" and keep playing, regardless of the result. This is usually the result of a "Diving Tackle rerolled with dodge then another dodge roll made that fails but can be Team rerolled" incident. Even though many say this is perfectly correct, I can find no indication of this in the LRB; however, all things aside, this is a game, and if it doesn't work 100% A-OK go play the board game version where your word can be law. If you won't do that, try to remember that NO computer program is bug-free. If any offense was taken, I apologize, but I feel this is the best way to look at it.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah the bugs sometimes happen... gift of nuffle or whatever... the problem is however people abusing them