44 coaches online • Server time: 10:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

DoubleSkulls wrote:
I don't see a problem. The JBB program is the rules, not the LRB.

Just for the record:
Rules Page / FAQ wrote:
The following order of rules interpretations will be in effect:
* The client - For bugs, please refer to the appropriate section on this page.
* The division specific rules - Look at the divisions page.
* This page.
* The LRB - In case of changes in the LRB there might be a period of time where FUMBBL runs using a mixed ruleset.

This does not mean that 'if the client lets you do it, it's legal.'

If the client doesn't give you a choice to follow all the rules below it, then it's legal. If you have an option (such as starting a passblock move and not trying to end in the path of the pass, as discussed in another thread or electing to use a TRR when you shouldn't be able to) to follow the LRB, then you are supposed to do it. Not doing so is a violation of FUMBBL rules and is, according to the mandates set by the commish, illegal. Everyone has to agree to these rules when creating an account and every time they get updated, so you can't plead ignorant, either.

(That means it's cheating, in case you need it summarized Razz )

No, I'm not going to quibble with anyone over it in a game and I am most definitely not trying to single out Ian, here. I just hijacked your handy quote to make a point.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

In short, the policy is the way it is because it is the only manageable way to handle it. The javabowl client is a great peiece of software, but it is still software written by one person in his spare time, and because of that it has always had it's fair share of bugs. You are only looking at the small picture and seeing your one game result. We have around 600 games a day played here, and in that many games, a fair few are going to run into one or another of the bugs in the client. The only effective way to manage that is to say the client is always right. That ensures that everyone is treated the same, and that we aren't constantly barraged with requests to change game records that we don't have time to handle.

The Finishing Touch
slackman

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

concerning the mentioned "extra" team reroll, its actually in the lrb. you are allowed to reroll each single dice roll ONCE, and it seems there were two seperate dodge rolls made. since dodge was used on the first, it cannot be used on the second. however, a team reroll can. but if this issue is really about a player using diving tackle and ending on the ground even though the player wasnt tackled, well, i cant say anything about that except tough luck.
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know what is going on here. Never have I been able to reroll a dodge with a Team Reroll if I had dodge and failed twice. There are two exceptions: one happens on a blitz sometimes but most happen on the Divng Tackle reroll thing.

Jump to: