25 coaches online • Server time: 04:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2012 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Warning: This thread will contain totally random, mostly fluff-related updates on the dwarven team Agility Monsters. To some it might be boring as hell.

Prologue

The "Agility Monsters" are a rather unconventional dwarf team, trying to merge elfball with the weaknesses and strengths of their own race. This effects team building and (thereby) to some extent ingame strategies and tactics as well.
While the theme is obviously hampering the team's success, I still try to play as competitive as possible, given the circumstances. The Monsters also frequently participate in major and (given enough time) minor tournaments.
The Monsters turn down almost no matches and therefore (being free from TV limitations) don't mind playing up or down a lot. The management doesn't like to arrange games against teams that are known for winning solely by killing though. If both coaches agree, scores of the win/tie/loss ration between two teams will be kept and rematches will be proposed.

More information

You want to be informed of freshly released newsflashes without constantly checking the forum?
Use the according forum function to watch the topic. You'll receive an email whenever new answers appear.
Send our communication department a PM and tell us you want to get notified via PM.

Last edited by Rabe on Jun 01, 2014 - 00:27; edited 3 times in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2012 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

--- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash ---

Tiny Steel Hammers and Legion of Orgrimmar possible opponents in the Monsters' anniversary match!

The Agility Monsters' management has confirmed that (among others) the late Warpstone Open winner "Tiny Steel Hammers" as well as last year's Grotty Little Tournament winner "Legion of Orgrimmar" have answered to the Monsters' call for applications to their 100th match.
Some analysts wonder if the Monsters are ready to face such top teams. They also bring up the question whether an arrangement like that would really be in the Monsters' best interest. After all, a jubilee should be a suspense-packed game and a celebration alike, so it says.
More information on this important matter hopefully coming soon!

--- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash ---

Aegil - off to the museum?

Rumors say the former treasure hunter Aegil Ironbones, also known as "The Cursed One", has been offered a job at the prestigious Imperial Museum in Altdorf!
Reliable resources tell that the Monsters' primary (and right now only) sacker has been invited to Altdorf for a job interview and went there when his team returned from Ulthuan these days. Neither coach Rabe nor Aegil himself were willing to deny or confirm this.
The fact that Aegil owns a rather large collection of valuable historical objects and possesses solid experience in "recovering" such things suggests to back up this story though. Nothing is known about a possible outcome of the meeting in Altdorf.

Bad times for Nugi

After a smashed knee in her first match for the Monsters, the young female blitzer Nugi "Thunderbolt" Anvilcutter is now suffering from a broken neck as well. She's currently recovering, but Dragg Silverstaff, the team's apothecary confirmed that there'll "most certainly" remain permanent damage. We've heard no voices actually voting for keeping her on the team under these conditions. Her brother, Rugi Anvilcutter: "Maybe Blood Bowl is a sport for men after all!"

Last edited by Rabe on May 15, 2014 - 11:18; edited 1 time in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Opponent, date and time for game #100 announced

Head coach Rabe recently announced that the Monsters' will play their 100th match on Saturday 31st, 21:00 bbtime against coach zakatan's team "Un bon menĂº". Considering the offers by the Legion of Orgrimmar and the Tiny Steel Hammers (we reported on it), this decision is rather surprising.
Coach Rabe: "Over the past years, coach zakatan and I were able to establish a particular good relationship. No matter the outcome, we always enjoyed letting our teams meet on the pitch. Of course these feelings are not necessarily shared by all players from both teams. So neither team has to expect mercy. They will both fight, making it a memorable match!"

Well, last time chaos won 3-0 - time for revenge!

Aegil heads off to Altdorf

Right after the Monsters' jubilee match had been announced, Aegil Ironbones confirmed the rumors he had been offered a job at the Imperial Museum in Altdorf. More so, shocking to some fans for sure, he yesterday also stated he had accepted and would leave the Monsters after their 100th match. Team and coach had already been informed and they'd go apart in mutual agreement.
Aegil: "I've always been kind of a restless soul - in the non-undead way of course! Traveling with the Monsters has been quite an experience and fighting on the pitch just thrilling, especially with such great teammates. However, I am now offered another opportunity to roam the world and do some work closer to my original business. As an excavation assistant I'll still be outside and on the road, but also occupied with some more brain work than right now. All in all, I'm really looking forward to it. And I'm sure the Monsters will find an extraordinary young runner to replace me!"

Agility Monsters fill the grid

With their recent match against coach Dalfort's "Project Pass Block Tree", the Agility Monsters have now met on the pitch all races that are currently involved into competitive Blood Bowl on FUMBBL - commonly referred to as "filling the grid" if a coach is playing against all race using all races himself.
Well, the Monsters can obviously only fill one row of coach Rabe's grid. But at least that's achieved by now!

While it took them 99 games to get there, coach Rabe wants to send out special thanks to Skolopender (goblins), Mattius (vampires), KingRoyale (humans), JigerJones (underworld) and of course Dalfort (halflings) who made this achievement possible within 17 games all of a sudden (four of them among the eight most recent matches).

Injured blitzer Nugi replaced by "mystery dwarf"

The recently seriously injured blitzer Nugi "Thunderbolt" Anvilcutter has been cut out of the team and replaced by a ]guy named Gargin Earthwarden right before the Monsters' recent match against Ultimate Mr. Men.
Apothecary Dragg Silverstaff had earlier stated there had not been any improvement with Nugi's injury and in the face of the upcoming anniversary, head coach Rabe made a quick, almost rushed decision.

The new blitzer is shrouded by a bit of a mystery, it's said he had just shown up at coach Rabe's doorstep right after the Monsters' boss had made the decision on Nugi. Brumbas Soildigger, Agility Monters veteran: "Well, he seems to be a nice guy. And he's not a freshman... nice to have someone of my own age around. I like his attitude of taking things slowly... As I always say, it needs patience to get better than just good at what you're doing. All in all, I like him!"
But will he become a true Agility Monsters?
Gargin himself just smiled and said: "You know, I've been roaming the world for a while now, and I've learned many things. Just have to adapt them to Blood Bowl now."

Alion joins the team again

Following the Ulthuan Invitational, Alion, the Monsters' defensive coordinator, has spent several weeks in his homelands, catching up with some fellow coaches and players. Head coach Rabe confirmed that it wasn't a family visit, but part of elaborating some new/enhanced strategies and tactics.

Last edited by Rabe on May 15, 2014 - 11:19; edited 2 times in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2012 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

(Oh, and by the way: Comments are not expected, but always welcome. Smile)
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2012 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Aegil stays around for a while

Aegil Ironbones has confirmed that he will stay and play for the Monsters until the team can afford to hire a runner to replace him, under the condition that the management will hire that one before any other new players. Head coach Rabe seems to have confirmed the agreement.

Asked for his personal feelings, Aegil said: "I'm not a drama queen. Leaving the team after game #100 would have obviously been nice, but with all that damage the team has suffered during that particular match, I consider this as an act of helping out friends who need me right now. My decision to leave still stands though. It's just a matter of time!"

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2012 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Pig Sty Alley are looking at the Agility Monsters and unimpressed, the toe crusher *sniggers* that one when out of style when I left kindergarten. We want to show you how to play ball! This is a challenge. May the best kung fu win.

(When you recover, of course...)

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Aegil seriously injured, Agility Monsters searching for a new runner

In yesterday's showdown against the chaos pact team "Passing Attack", Aegil "The Cursed One" Ironbones got run over by the opposing team's minotaur. Dragg Siverstaff, apothecary: "It's looking grim. He'll probably be crippled for the rest of his life. After all he's been lucky to still have one!"

Aegil's first reaction: "Oh well, I'll focus even more on my career as a scholar then. Anyone got a good book laying around?"

Meanwhile, head coach Rabe and talent scout Groin are looking for a replacement, but it seems they haven't found one yet. Groin: "There are a few candidates, but nothing satisfying yet. We want nothing but an uncut gem!"

Last edited by Rabe on May 15, 2014 - 11:19; edited 2 times in total
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

i would suggest him to go play for a gnome team

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, he would certainly make a very potent star player with Block, Wrestle, Tackle and Strip Ball!

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Agility Monsters back and SMACKing!

After a break of over two months, the Agility Monsters are back after some intense training and strategy sessions (and some time off for family and tavern visits). Head coach Rabe proclaimed the team being in top form and up for any challenge. Not doing things by halves, he threw the Monsters right into the next Scheduled Elite SMACK. Rabe: "After all, the team still has to accomplish its goal to win at least a Minor this year!"

New runner candidates on the bench

Asked about the runner situation, head coach Rabe stated that the coaching staff had narrowed down the choice to three candidates. Some more research by the AM Newsflash team revealed names and some background information. The contenders are:

Bingi Greasearmor, a once promising young female tunnel runner, who got claustrophobic beyond help while being trapped in a giant rock worms stomach for three hours.

Auri Hearthwarden, a former temple servant who got bored with running in service of priests and finally ran away.

Jongor Stoutfeet, a traveling merchant of ambiguous reputation who specialized in Blood Bowl memorabilia and - according to rumours - underhand betting. The only male candidate as well.

According to talent scout Groin, all three will participate in upcoming matches - as spectators on the trainers' bench: "As close as possible to the real action, you know?"
The exact selection procedure remains untold.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The Monsters need some girls there! /boo to Jongor

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

hail to "Claustrophobic Bingi". i wonder how much she'll just run around the pitch, screaming, when opponents gets too close. can't wait to see her in action ...
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:

Bingi Greasearmor, a once promising young female tunnel runner, who got claustrophobic beyond help while being trapped in a giant rock worms stomach for three hours.

Umm... A dwarf ball carrier who can't stand cages... Sounds perfect for the agilty monsters. I guess you'll be building another sacker/passer with her then?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

And the new runner is...

Auri Hearthwarden! After after a careful selection process, based on criteria like performance, potential and team compliance, head coach Rabe and his staff finally made a decision and hired the former temple servant.
Talent scout Groin: "It was a very close call. Bingi brought a lot of skill, but in the end I'm sure we've made the right choice. Auri is nothing but an uncut gem. Believe me, you'll see! ... Jongor? Ah, well... it turned out he's barely more than a fan-boy."

Frorin enters "la cuisine"!

Frorin Friesenbichler, one of the Friesenbichler twins, retreated from the pitch, but stays with the Monsters: The former blocker can now call himself chef of the team's kitchen! Head coach Rabe confirmed this and thinks of it as a splendid idea: "His improvised rat ragout after the last match against skaven was just delicious!"
Asked about his feelings towards leaving an active Blood Bowl career behind, while his brother continues, he stated: "Fundir always got everything: Job offers, rune blades, women, free beer. I took the beating! Don't get me wrong, I love my brother - but it just seemed unfair to me and now it finally ends! May he become a second Namosz or Brumbas, I don't mind - from now on I'll have my share of bolstering the team with what I do best: Cooking!"

Dispute within the staff - Rabe attacks Alion!

Right after the sudden end to a rather successful SMACK match caused by a so-called "one-turn-score", head coach Rabe physically attacked his defense coordinator Alion. He blamed the high elf being responsible for the teams' "careless" formation at the kickoff.
Alion stayed calm, ignoring the little fists hammering against his shin. Asked about this incident later, he shrugged: "I knew what I was getting into when I started working for a gnome who tries to teach dwarves elfball..."

Agility Monsters are anniversary opponent for Oreneta africana

Head coach Rabe recently announced that his team has been invited by Oreneta africana to play the high elves' 100th match. Coach Zakatan, who's second team "Un bon menĂº" met the Monsters' in the dwarves' 100th match, is said to be flattered by Rabe's agreement.
When the teams clashed the first time, the Monsters' could take home an astonishing 4-1 win.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2012 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/