26 coaches online • Server time: 09:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

--- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash ---

Tonight: First Warpstone Open XII Qualifier match

The Monsters' first tournament match in 2517 will be against the (Estalian?) Chaos Dwarves Acción Social. Kickoff is estimated for 22:00 bbtime tonight.

Coach Rabe: "Easy first round, barely a warmup!"

--- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash ---

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Bitter pill: Monsters leave WO with serious casualties

Not only a 0-2 loss, far more concerning: Runner legend Rhoda still lies unconcious with a smashed collar bone and the fans favorite leaping dwarf, Baruk, suffers frome a severe back injury, unlikely to heal completely. We also mourn the loss of one of our latest recruits, Yorin Longshovel. RIP.

Coach Rabe: "Devastating. The team and me, we will think about our future."

Veteran Brumbas: "That's Blood Bowl. We live for it and many of us die for it - or leave the field as cripples."

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2017 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wow, maybe it's time for Rhoda to step aside and leave room for a younger generation?

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Rhoda might want to consider Retirement unless he is one that wishes to die on the pitch. I agree with Zakatan here obviously. I mean ST lost could cause many problems that the opposing could take advantage. I mean it is sad to recommend a legendary player like him to consider retirement but it might be time.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 09:24
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I think it'll be fine, honest.

I mean where better to hide a terrible player and total liability than within the AM roster?
(I see your current 2MA shadower Beard as a work of art more than a blood bowl player)

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep him, if it's a liability you always have another potion.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
Keep him, if it's a liability you always have another potion.

It's a her Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

She has a great record, but she's not that great a player. Nogli and Brumbas really are (that's why Brumbas already received a potion). I'd really rather develop a new runner (hopefully with more stat increases and doubles) than use a potion on her.

But: Shhh, don't tell her!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well IMHO I think the monsters are at the crossroads right now. A spot Iam very familiar with the Buccaneers.

You have two options.

#1 you just keep trucking on and grinding it out.

#2 Because of your TV cutting one or two players is not going to cut it. Fire every single player with Perm damage except for the death roller. That will leave you with 3 players + the roller. Start the mega rebuild from the ground up.

Now the issue with option #2 is this. If you do that then your TV will be 159. Not very low for a total rebuild. 2 Legends, a Lino + Roller and 7 Jmen.

This is a case where the 2 Legends, even though they have no perm damage are a load stone on the TV.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

For me I like dismantling my Buccaneers once a year, usually after the FUMBBL Cup and just gut the team and start the new year off with a fresh team, starting around 1000-1100 TV. That is just me though.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I like that idea. However, I played 15 games with the Monsters in the last 18 months. Building them up takes very, very long.

The deathroller is indeed a special case. He's good (for a deathroller) and he'll probably be the only one the Monsters ever have. If I fire him, he's unlikely to ever be replaced. But who knows...

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2017 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The only player that lives up to the team name is ag4 runner.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2017 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
The only player that lives up to the team name is ag4 runner.

Agility is not just a number, it's in your heart.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2017 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

What will Rhoda do?

What will Rabe do?

What's the future of the Monsters, if any?

So many questions...

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2017 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Come one, come all! Twenty-four hours hence, at 21h server time on Sunday, the Agility Monsters face the Ranked Amateurs in one last brawl before the Monsters clean out their roster.

We're making a fundraiser out of this one. The way it works is, you give a certain amount (suggest $2 if you're poor, $5 if you're doing alright, or $10 if you're feeling flush) per TD scored by either side. So far we've got 9 participants, some doing their own thing based on comps or casualties, probably totaling close to $100. I'd like to see the community step up and raise the money for Christer's new server, this is a great way for fans of the Monsters (or the Amateurs) to become part of it!