26 coaches online • Server time: 04:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

--- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash ---

Agility Monsters in the GLT X Old Teams Qualifier

Head coach Rabe has confirmed that the Monsters' application for the Old Team Qualifier of this year's Grotty Little Tournament is on its way.

Rabe: "With 200 games under out belt now, I'm 100% sure we'll get in. The team is not in best shape, but there's currently little to improve through preparation games. So we just dive in and hope to meet some interesting other old teams!"

--- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash ---

Post   Posted: May 20, 2014 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

An ode on the Monsters

Three days before the Monsters enter the pitch in yet another major, a possible team anthem has been raised attention, written and performed by coach Endzone.

Hallelujah

I've heard there was a dwarven team
That Rabe played, and he lived the dream
But you don't really care for fluff now, do you?
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The leapers fall, the majors drift
The baffled coaches wonder Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

His faith was strong but you needed proof
You played his team that was a spoof
The beauty of the concept overthrew you
His insight left your coaching bare
He built in a way you would not dare
And his Monsters dodged and passed so Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

You did your best, it wasn't much
You played to win but were out of touch
When Rabe plays dwarves he does much more than block you
And even though you won the game
It somehow doesn't feel the same
Now you have seen the light, oh Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Coach Rabe: "I feel deeply moved. It's a thing of beauty. The thought of thousands of fans singing this song before the kickoff of an GLT match gives me the shivers!"

Last edited by Rabe on %b %14, %2014 - %01:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Match against Drow Brew starting at 21:00 bbtime tonight

Due to technical issues on the Monsters' side, coach bghandras' 1000th jubilee game had to be postponed by half an hour. Members of the Dark Elf team Drow Brew instantly mocked the Monsters about being cowards in public, they even offered bets on whether the dwarves will show up or not.

Coach Rabe: "This is ridiculous. I don't know what issue these elves have, but we'll certainly give them the game they want. Although probably not the game they'd wish for..."

The game had originally been announced for 20:30 bbtime.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Did goblins steal the team treasury?

The late win against Da Squigling Shop of Horrorz seemed to have been a big financial boost: 60k of winnings, even after subtraction of the constantly upwards-spiraling expenses. Until the Monsters' treasurer found the whole 100k of team savings gone as he did a late night check less than one hour ago.
An immediately request directed to higher FUMBBL administration came back negative: There's no insurance covering team treasury.

Investigations will start tomorrow, but the beaten goblins are certainly under strong suspicion. After all they swore revenge for their severe losses and suffered damage during the late match.

Coach Rabe: "This is a disaster. We were that close to finally getting the team back to reasonable numbers..."

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

And instead their bonehead coach buys a SIXTH REROLL.

/me headbutts Rabe....

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

/me adds more headaches.

A reroll I'll probably drop again immediately, because it brings spiraling expenses to the next level. Otherwise I would have kept it of course. Sad

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Might as well drop two while yer at it.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

As representative of Da Squigling Shop of Horrorz, I would like to state that the Goblins deny all these false accusations of the loss of winnings from the Agility Monsters... Obviously, any paper trail that can be found is by now gone, as the Shop has gone through a series of death-infested matches and lost quite the number of players recently.

Then again, Dtum Irontongue has been nursed back to health and is quite eager to avenge his fallen brethren. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Drow Brew are feeling extremely sorry about that loss.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Nogli "The Sage" Jasper-Eye turns into true Agility Monster!

After years freshman thrower Nogli Jasper-Eye has become only the second Agility Monsters player to ever show a noticeable agility increase. He assured that he was all out for the balling and worked hard for where he is right now. More balling to be expected!

Coach Rabe: "I'm baffled! Nogli and Link Leadbottom, our agility trainer, have done beautiful work!"

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:

After years freshman thrower Nogli Jasper-Eye has become only the second Agility Monsters player to ever show a noticeable agility increase. He assured that he was all out for the balling and worked hard for where he is right now. More balling to be expected!

Coach Rabe: "I'm baffled! Nogli and Link Leadbottom, our agility trainer, have done beautiful work!"

grats!!

keep him alive Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice. And now you don't need all those rr for ballin', just pure natural ability...

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

One might thing those 100k were sacrificed rather than stolen...

@zak: I'll do my very best!

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2014 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah!
If I wasn't already honored before (and I was!), I would be now. Here's to AG5 next!
(btw, maybe he should hold off on the strong arm plans, now that he has AG4?)

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2014 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:

I told you that joint practice with elves do wonders. Smile