37 coaches online • Server time: 14:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2016 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

So the forum doesn't do bbcode?
happygrue

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2016 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Great write up!

I'm super excited 3 NFC North teams made it in. Very Happy

@MrT: It does do some formatting bbcode but I think some stuff isn't allowed/doesn't work.

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2016 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I was sure I was going to the play-offs... damn you Russia! Evil or Very Mad

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2016 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
So I pulled some stats because the week before XMas is so sloooooow at work...

There is a clear run away for league MVP, so big of a run away that it's not even worth mentioning any one else for anything else.

So congratulations Kelvin Benjamin of the Carolina Panties!

2 completions, 13 TDs (4 more than the next closest group) and 7 casualties! 7th in total rushing yards too. And all of that in a mere 141 turns. Probably 60+ players with more turns than Kelvin, and none of them seem to have done much of a damn thing.

The only other category which counts (fouls) has Josh Mauga of the KC Brew Chiefs leading with 40. 40 fouls in 93 turns on the pitch, impressive sir, very impressive.

If you feel any of your crappy players were slighted by not getting a mention... well maybe next season you should actually accomplish something with your dumb teams.

Very Happy

BOOM!... and he would've made Legend this season if it weren't for a ball foul by an AG5 Thrower instigated by that ruthless mrt1212. If we get past Stimme in the Wildcard he *might* have a chance at it in the Divisional.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2016 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffro wrote:
If we get past Stimme in the Wildcard he *might* have a chance at it in the Divisional.

What do you mean, "if"?

ex-convict wrote:
(4) Carolina Black Panther Party 3 - 2 (5) Minnesota High Kings

It's already guaranteed [to be inaccurate] to happen!

Don't drop the soap.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2016 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffro wrote:
licker wrote:
So I pulled some stats because the week before XMas is so sloooooow at work...

There is a clear run away for league MVP, so big of a run away that it's not even worth mentioning any one else for anything else.

So congratulations Kelvin Benjamin of the Carolina Panties!

2 completions, 13 TDs (4 more than the next closest group) and 7 casualties! 7th in total rushing yards too. And all of that in a mere 141 turns. Probably 60+ players with more turns than Kelvin, and none of them seem to have done much of a damn thing.

The only other category which counts (fouls) has Josh Mauga of the KC Brew Chiefs leading with 40. 40 fouls in 93 turns on the pitch, impressive sir, very impressive.

If you feel any of your crappy players were slighted by not getting a mention... well maybe next season you should actually accomplish something with your dumb teams.

Very Happy

BOOM!... and he would've made Legend this season if it weren't for a ball foul by an AG5 Thrower instigated by that ruthless mrt1212. If we get past Stimme in the Wildcard he *might* have a chance at it in the Divisional.

I think my favorite part of being in the NFC South is I get to gratuitously foul Jeffro and ryanfitz twice a season each.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2016 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

I think my favorite part of being in the NFC South is I get to gratuitously foul Jeffro and ryanfitz twice a season each.

Back at ya Smile
ignatzami

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2017 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm looking forward to making one playoff prediction come true! Me losing horribly round one!
Stimme

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2017 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Great write-up, thanks a lot for putting so much effort!

While we like to keep our offense potential in the dark, I have to point out though that the High Kings did score a bit more often than the nine times you mention.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2017 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

15 TD
+9 differential!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2017 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Only 6 TD allowed? That's awesome.

When will the main page be updated?

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2017 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ex-con's Season 18 Preview

Don't get too excited, folks. I'm going to half-ass this due to time constraints and likely have it be more accurate than the predictions that I've spent hours researching and typing up. Cause that's how life usually goes, right?

In this article, I'm going to give a brief preview of every team and put them into one of four tiers:

1) Coming for the #1 Spot - not a good thing, as they're doomed for a bottom five finish and thus a top five draft pick
2) Building for next year - a near .500 record whilst simultaneously building skills is the best they can hope for
3) Competing for the playoffs - if you aren't in contention for a playoff spot with two weeks to go, then you aren't doing your job right
4) Conference Championship or Bust - while the Super Bowl is obviously the goal, if you merely make it to the conference title game, you've got a chance (except vs grue)

Let the generalizations begin!

NFC East

Lustriadelphia Pterosaurs - a surprise division winner last season in their inaugural campaign, this lizard team is blessed with eight stat increases while also having at least two skills on their krox and all but one saurri (who's got +ST and is sitting at 15 spps, so it's only a matter of time...in theory). The target is squarely on their backs now, but this team currently has all the tools to repeat as division champs.

Verdict: Competing for the playoffs

Weaklington Frailskins - a team that has been around for 60 games including builders, but only has two players who have been around for more than half of their contests can't like their chances of staying healthy for an entire season. Buuuuut they have four +ST players, so as long as this core stays alive, you can't count them out.

Malice Cow-Boys - If the RL Raiders can't get their shit together and decide what their future home is going to be, I may just have to steal, er, borrow the Dallas franchise back from OTS. As for the current team, I'm convinced that anyone but licker who uses chaos dwarves in the NBFL is doomed to fail.

Verdict: Building for next year

New York Tyrants - a new franchise looking to make their mark couldn't have picked a better division to end up in, as the NFC East doesn't have a 'traditional' NBFL power residing in it. The Tyrants are trying to emulate what the aforementioned Lusty franchise did last year and win the division in their first season, hence why they copied the lizard's game-plan of eight stat increases.

NFC North

Green Ball Attackers - the four-time Super Bowl champion Attackers are once again the envy of the league, and they seek to do the one thing they have not accomplished yet: win back-to-back titles. And while they will lose their season opener to the Raiders Friday, February 24th at 8 pm central, coach 'Grue will win the rest of his games this season.

Verdict: Conference Championship or Bust

Minnesota High Kings - a playoff team last year, though they have the disadvantage of losing the division crown to Green Ball before the season even started. Seven stat increases, along with ten doubles, means that this is a very, very talented team.

Detroilet Sewer Lions - they made only their second playoff appearance ever last season as a wildcard, and while they still have four old-farts with at least 100 games of experience, most of that time was spent watching the playoffs from a TV, not the sidelines. And I don't think that will change.

Da'Kawgo Kodiaks - cool logo and I have to thank you for drafting my skink with an odd skill-set (SS/DT/SH) that no one else could find a home for. That being said, you're in a division with three playoff teams from last year.

Verdict: Coming for the #1 Spot

NFC South

Carolina Black Panther Party - definition: see - 'Go Big or Go Home'

Atlatl 'n' Falchions - a TV of 2730...really, fitz? And all your non-skinks have MB? AND you have two Ag4 and one Ag5 skink? ...It's about time you got serious again!

Tampa Bowl Smokeaneers - Eh.

New Oldheim Saints - only four dirty players when there's sixteen turns, tisk tisk

NFC West

Waaaghrizona Carnivorcs - decent looking team but Orcs typically struggle in the NBFL

San Foulcisco 69'ers - I feel like I haven't played Nico in three actual years, but dude what the hell is this guy supposed to be? He could have been a great safety but now he's a really buff one-turner.

Seattle Werehawks - You made the playoffs last year, but some (actually most) of your players have been around a little too long.

Lost Angels of the NBFL - Can't decide whether I love or hate the logo, but I do love the fact that you skipped the minotaur

AFC Least

New Bloodland Patriots - we all know that licker lucked his way to the playoffs every year, thus he'll never figure out how to play vampires effectively.

...Right?

Miami Dark Fins - I really don't like kids so I'm not sure about this 'adoption' and 'godfather' stuff. But you've got a solid core to build around.

The Buff 'n' Low Bills - you've turned arguably the best NCBB player of all-time...into a stinkin dwarf?

Verdict: Dead to me

New York Wrecks - welcome back robo! If you manage to turn the Wrecks into anything resembling senior-laden Fresno State, we're all fudged. Thankfully it may be a while.

Verdict: Building for next, next year

AFC North

Cincinatti Bludgeoners - I couldn't do anything against these guys in the playoffs, so I'll need someone to take care of them first this time, ok?

Blitzburgh Seers - I still don't know who you are, but when you stab=splooshed not one, but TWO San Dogo players in the playoffs, you won my heart.

Verdict: No homo, full homo.

Cleveland Pansy Dawgs -
Quote:
Posted by Valen on 2017-01-18 12:43:21
With the third pick Cleveland takes;

(Thrower) Jonathon "Mox" Moxon, Nibraskah (Block, Acc, Kick) - 41 spp

Verdict: You're emulating the Browns too well, dude.

Baltimore Stompers - I miss Apo's old Baltimore team. And I'm still not sure how frogs work, though I'm fairly certain that you don't have enough of them.

AFC South

Indianapolis Crypts - Nomad is so textbook good with undead that it's BOOOORING.

Jacksonville Pactuars - ew, a minotaur. But otherwise some solid potential to screw a few people's seasons up

Verdict: Throwing wrenches in people's plans since a while ago

Tennesse Titanz - Orcs historically do not make deep playoff runs, but if they can trim their TV to avoid three to four straight games against wizards, they may be the first green-skins in the Super Bowl

Houstovania Wolfens - I. Love. This. Logo.

But. I. Don't. Love. The. Team.

AFC Best

Oakland Elf Raiders - if I had built my linos instead of passing out after work every day, we could have had a good potential farewell tour. But after we beat Grue tomorrow (tune in at 8 pm central, check your local listings), our veterans will be slowly picked off and the front office will relocate to Las Vegas before the season actually ends. Assuming, you know, the RL Raiders figure out where they want to go.

Verdict: Super Bowl 21 Champions, calling it

San Dogo Chompers - After employing the likes of Rolf "Mad Bomber" Fouts (god I miss that player logo), and Ryan Leaf to terrorize opposing defenses for literally almost a decade, it should come as no surprise that San Dogo will lead the league in clutch completions again.

But with an Ag4 Ogre this time.

Verdict: It's all Ogre now.

Denvork Bronkorks - JAR's team is rounding into anti-elf form just as I'm changing teams/races, muahahaha.

Keg City Brew Chiefs - Ooooh, dual Cal graduates for Ulfwereners; this coaching staff has an eye for talent, but not for players who know how to win.

So there you have it folks; each team's future has been previewed in some form or fashion. As far as how the season will ultimately play out, here's our prediction:

Super Bowl 18: Grue vs the World

My money's on Grue. Thanks for reading!

Don't drop the soap.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2017 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

ex-convict wrote:
Houstovania Wolfens - I. Love. This. Logo.

But. I. Don't. Love. The. Team.

I think that would have been my exact words as well, lol
Though, I do have a pair of nice wolves I think you're overlooking.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2017 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

They're very solid, to be sure. But after looking through about 28 teams at that point, an Ma9 blodge wolf two spps away from tackle is kind of like 'meh'.

Don't drop the soap.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2017 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Fun stuff! Very Happy

Jump to: