29 coaches online • Server time: 08:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
johnnih

Post   Posted: May 10, 2012 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

PorkusMaximus/spookeh:

You guys are absolutely right from a marketing perspective. I think people here are simply reacting as they do because they believe a transcript is outside the amount of marketing effort these guys will put into a free podcast. From my point of view, and perhabs also from theirs, it is okay to lose potential listeners who don't even bother to check out an episode to see if they like it.

To respond to your preferences regarding the content. I would guess this podcast isn't quite your thing and perhabs I shouldn't bring that up here at all, because they probably didn't make this thread to get reviewed. But I am not saying it like it is a bad thing. It is just more in the style of casual ramblings than organized discussion. More zlurp than 3DB if you will.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: May 10, 2012 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

if it isn't sold well, it just gets lost in the sea of irrelevance- washed away in the tide of millions of other people uploading their opinions to the internet

1 hour of video gets uploaded to youtube every minute.

why would i give my attention to any of it? it needs to be exceptional enough to become popular, or specific enough for me to be searching for it
the better described and the more meta-data about it there is available, the more likely i am to find it
JonnyP

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

To those asking for a transcript of Both down...

1. Quit complaining. Your complaints are why people quit.

2. Listen to this FREE podcast about Blood Bowl. Yes, free.

3. The hosts get no compensation for their time or efforts.

4. Go make your own show and transcript.

Steve and Scott of Both Down... keep on keepin on... love the show and the focus on the fluff of the game we all enjoy!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Or... You can make a perfectly reasonable request in a nice way. People can only say 'no' and explain what might be perfectly valid reasons (I don't want to / don't have time are amongst them) - well, they can apparently also be overly defensive and needlessly internetty on someone else's behalf.

I've no doubt the OP is a big boy.
JonnyP

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Or.. you can not post on FUMBBL for a day and instead provide this transcript that is being requested.

Giving back to the community...ever heard of it?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, yes, and if you don't think that I have, I don't see the need to defend myself to someone who appears just to be popping up and overreacting for no tangible reason. Giving to the community shouldn't be about looking for thanks, should it? And no, I don't have the time nor the inclination to transcribe a podcast I've never heard.

Look, if he doesn't want to do it, that's not a problem. I've not seen anyone insist or be unreasonable; they've enquired nicely, so there is nothing to be as defensive over as you seem to be, is there?

Stop spoiling for a fight. What's the point? I think the character you're playing here is just needless. You've developed more than enough publicity out of me already playing the great wounded soldier; I won't be getting sucked in again, hereafter. Wink

(Oh - and I had to edit for language on the first page - be good! Wink)
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Use google voice Purplegoo.

But seriously, you whant to read radio. What the hell do you tell your friend when they whant you to go to the movies? Ask for the movie storyboard?

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

dfunkateer wrote:
I'd prefer it if this podcast was expressed through the medium of dance.

hmm all intersting points. So where did we land with this suggestion ^ Razz
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

WME; Isn't that the same as saying what's the point in audiobooks? Wink

But, kidding aside, there is no drama here. A podcast has been advertised, a few respondents asked about the possibility of a transcription. No fuss, no nastiness, just a question to which 'No' is a reasonable answer.

It seems the answer is indeed implicitly no, everyone can go on about their business either listening or nay. These bumps will no doubt generate more listeners, hurrah, everyone's happy. Wink

(What about a rock opera?! Very Happy)
Kilowog1

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

(In old man voice) What the Hell's going on in here???
OK, so... forgive my lack of posting. Who knew there was a forum here?
Oh yeah... all of you... well not me.
So, that's out of the way. Let me respond to some things if you all don't mind.

Thanks to everyone who likes the podcast. We really do it for you and are glad it's being so well received.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Is there a text version? Can never be bothered to listen to these things.

No, there's not. Again, we do this all on our own, so going back and editing alone takes a long time. To then type it all out? That's crazy talk man! Hehe
Now, there does seem to be a lot of interest in it(which I can understand), but while I'd love to be able to satisfy your request, I don't know a way to realistically do it.
However... I am willing to make you a deal. I will do a transcript of the Dungeonbowl Interview Segment with Cyanide... IF... you all promise to give the podcast a try. There's probably 4 of you that would do this and it'll probably take me 4 hours to go through and type it all up, but I'm willing to do it if you give us a shot.
Let's say 5 people say they will and I'll do it. Seems fair to me...

jarvis_pants wrote:
Trust me you dont want a transcript!

Why you son of a...
jarvis_pants wrote:
Razz its worth a listen and wont translate well into text!

Oh, uh... nevermind... Yaye for Jarvis Pants! Razz

dfunkateer wrote:
I'd prefer it if this podcast was expressed through the medium of dance.

I'll put this to Scott, but I'm pretty sure if you just imagine two walruses dancing to "Blue Danube", then you'll get the idea.

Sp00keh wrote:
Also, one of the things that puts me off about podcasts in general is that you can't really skip through to the good bits, the equivalent of skim reading. so if not a transcript, then a detailed breakdown of what is contained, notated by the minute
eg
0:00 intro and welcome
2:31 dungeonbowl explained
5:53 dungeonbowl example match run-through
11:23 cynaide interview
13:54 probing questions about future releases
etc

This is a great suggestion and I'll make sure we do this in the future. If I get time, I'll try to go back and relisten to the old ones and update them too. It probably will just be the start of each segment, but that gives you at least some idea...
Thanks

PorkusMaximus wrote:

The way you market something is just as important as the quality of the "product" you're trying to market,

I agree with this as well. Keep in mind, we're on episode 6 and we are always looking for feedback to make it better. We'll do our best to make it more enticing. As for keeping it on Blood Bowl, I do my best. Sometimes we get to rambling about things, but that's what friends do. We've been friends for a long time and we think of the rest of you as friends, so we may stray some, but we do our best to keep it on track.

Thanks for nobody out and out saying you hate it. Smile I know our style might not be to your tastes and I get that.
I also get not caring about podcasts. I didn't for a long time until I got a job where I can sit and listen to them all day. So no worries there.
If you have any comments or questions or anything, let either me or FatFinley know and we'll get you an answer or punch you in the face. It's a 50/50 shot...

Steve
licker

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't cave to these retarded demands made by ignorant douchebags.

Just keep on doing the good job you are doing, if some Rtard doesn't want to listen because they don't like the font you used in your description make freaking fun of them on your next pod because they are so utterly and completely devoid of intelligence.

I love the 'marketing' advice you're getting from people who can't be bothered to even listen to your work. As if you should give a damn what they think about how you should do it FOR THEM.

Unless you're doing the pod cast for sub-human mouth breathers that is.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

Just keep on doing the good job you are doing, if some Rtard doesn't want to listen because they don't like the font you used in your description make freaking fun of them on your next pod because they are so utterly and completely devoid of intelligence.

I love the 'marketing' advice you're getting from people who can't be bothered to even listen to your work. As if you should give a damn what they think about how you should do it FOR THEM.

Unless you're doing the pod cast for sub-human mouth breathers that is.

+1

Great show guys! Keep up the good work. I listen to all the BB podcasts and think that they're different and unique despite being ostensibly about the same subject.

Oh, and I missed Game of Thrones last night anyone got a transcript?

/slap
Garion

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I do. but I call it a book Wink
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

You can always rely on licker for entertainment, can't you?! He's fast becoming my favourite. Laughing

Thanks for addressing the question in the perfectly polite and reasonable manner in which it was asked. The Internet is what it is, not everyone can be as normal, sadly. Wink

Good luck!
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

what if the font is REALLY bad though?

Kilowog1 wrote:
This is a great suggestion and I'll make sure we do this in the future. If I get time, I'll try to go back and relisten to the old ones and update them too. It probably will just be the start of each segment, but that gives you at least some idea...

Ace! thanks a lot, it would help. it'd be kind of like a menu, so you can see what you can expect before you jump in

also i lol'd at Garion's game of thrones transcript
 Jump to: