34 coaches online • Server time: 15:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Game of Thrones, I only play the board game, can't be bothered by fancy 2d moving pictures.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

lol at licker. I'm glad we agree most of the time. I'd not fancy being on the recieving end of all that. Well done.

Nice reply by the OP as well. I wish I could say "Good work", but I'm weeks behind on my paleo diet and skeptical thinking podcasts. You do credit to yourself in the forum here though. Keep it up.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2012 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Newest episode of Both Down!!!

Both Down #7 – I’m Your Angel

Hear the Gingers talk about their Dungeonbowl contest, some old Star Players, their NIT tournament and interview a coach from the Dragonfyre League. Also listen to them complain, call out other podcasts and in general be idiots. Sounds like fun!

Episode Breakdown by time:

Dungeonbowl Entry – 9:00
Star Player Review – 13:10
House Rules: NIT – 35:41
Behind the Fluff – 1:01:42
Shout Outs – 1:18:15

http://bothdown.com/
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2012 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to listening to it on my way to work tomorrow Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2012 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
You can always rely on licker for entertainment, can't you?! He's fast becoming my favourite. Laughing

Thanks for addressing the question in the perfectly polite and reasonable manner in which it was asked. The Internet is what it is, not everyone can be as normal, sadly. Wink

Good luck!

lol...

I have an uphill battle though, considering some of the better... ummm... voices?... around here Wink

Though I appreciate everyone who appreciates what I do. And I double appreciate everyone who doesn't appreciate it!

On Topic: Great pods guys, hope you continue to enjoy making them!
fatfinley

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2012 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks licker!

Thanks everyone for the support we are growing every month and we appreciate you of all listening. Let's continue to grow the Blood Bowl community together.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Correct me if I'm wrong.
I was listening to the podcast at work today, and it was mentioned (towards the end) that the new Dungeon Bowl game has a spectate mode, and a way to view a replay from the start while the game was being played. I'd like to mention that FUMBBL has this feature too.
While spectating a game on FUMBBL, click on the 'Game' link on the menubar, and choose "Replay Mode" Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Shraaaag, I didnt know that. I have been a very casual FUMBBL player for a while, just recently have I played more actually leagues and such.

I will try to amend that in the next Podcast.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

fatfinley wrote:
Thank you Shraaaag, I didnt know that. I have been a very casual FUMBBL player for a while, just recently have I played more actually leagues and such.

I will try to amend that in the next Podcast.

Other than that I give the podcast 10/10 Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:

Other than that I give the podcast 10/10 Smile

Thank you very much, we are not perfect, but we try to do our best to be enjoyable. Thanks again for listening to us.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong.
I was listening to the podcast at work today, and it was mentioned (towards the end) that the new Dungeon Bowl game has a spectate mode, and a way to view a replay from the start while the game was being played.

Do they have spies on Fumbbl? We certainly had those features first! Neutral
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry Kalimar, they're so far behind it is good to toss 'em a bone. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2012 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong.
I was listening to the podcast at work today, and it was mentioned (towards the end) that the new Dungeon Bowl game has a spectate mode, and a way to view a replay from the start while the game was being played.

They're actually one and the same. DungeonBowl's "spectate mode" isn't really spectating, it's just playing the game's replay file back without having to wait for the game to be finished: the replay is being given, progressively, to you by way of whatever mechanism. So you're not really connected to the game itself... it's a continuation of Cyanide's half-assery.

Kalimar wrote:
Do they have spies on Fumbbl? We certainly had those features first! Neutral

Yeah, nobody cares about first... certainly not consumers. Most things we use every day aren't made by the first person to do *whatever* they just happen to be the ones who did it best, in our opinion.

A Blood Bowl PC game existed before FUMBBL. Spectator modes and replays were available in sports games prior to FUMBBL or Cyanide's games.

So, best to worry less about being the first person to finish and more about being the last man standing.

WhatBall wrote:
Don't worry Kalimar, they're so far behind it is good to toss 'em a bone. Very Happy

They're making more money and have more marketing power, and they have the actual license to make BB games. They're behind in having proper rules implementation and reliable communication, and hopefully they'll stay there... but it isn't because FUMBBL is lightyears ahead on those aspects, it's because Cyanide is lazy and sloppy. It's never a good idea to get comfortable in a position based solely on your opponent's laziness.

Putting in optional rule changes for League is a great step for FUMBBL, especially to put it in a position that Cyanide is very unlikely to ever go. Stunty play, etc.. that's what sets FUMBBL apart in a way that Cyanide doesn't have a good chance of touching.
Irgy

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2012 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

VoodooMike wrote:
Yeah, nobody cares about first... certainly not consumers. Most things we use every day aren't made by the first person to do *whatever* they just happen to be the ones who marketed it best.

There, I fixed it for you.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2012 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

VoodooMike wrote:

it's because Cyanide is lazy and sloppy

I don't belive they are. I think it is a money issue. If they would have fixed all the bugs they wouldn't get more money per game, so they probably don't think worth spending the extra cash.