28 coaches online • Server time: 00:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
VoodooMike

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2012 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Irgy wrote:
VoodooMike wrote:
Yeah, nobody cares about first... certainly not consumers. Most things we use every day aren't made by the first person to do *whatever* they just happen to be the ones who marketed it best.

There, I fixed it for you.

No, you made it far less accurate, as usual. If marketing determines your opinion then sure, but what people use each day will vary from person to person, even when it comes to the same function. Some people drive Hondas, some people drive Toyotas, some people drive Kias... none of them were the first to make cars but people care more about how products function now than who originated the idea.

To declare that marketing is what determines everyone ELSE'S opinions is simple minded and self aggrandizing in the extreme.

Were_M_Eye wrote:
I don't belive they are. I think it is a money issue. If they would have fixed all the bugs they wouldn't get more money per game, so they probably don't think worth spending the extra cash.

That seems a bit tinfoil-hat conspiracy-theory to me. As they say, never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. As someone who has looked at the internals of the Cyanide product I'm quite confident in the explanation that they are lazy and sloppy... the design is lazy and sloppy... the implementation is lazy and sloppy.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2012 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Some very valid points Mike, despite your taunting non-transparent avatar. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2012 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Shut up, and enjoy the podcast! Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2012 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Newest episode of Both Down!!!

Both Down #8 – The Next Time I Fall

Both Down Episode 8. Team Ginger takes an in depth look and breakdown of the Chaos Dwarfs… Just joking this episode features segments like “House Rules” spotlighting the Al-Kohrn Cup, “Behind the Fluff” hear an interview with Golden Toe Joe and some “Tournament Talk” about team selection and breakdown for Chaos Cup. Also listen to them boast about league Championship victories, birthdays, fireworks and various other Ginger related topics. You know you love it now go listen.

Episode Breakdown by time:

House Rules – 13:29
Behind the Fluff – 44:25
Tournament Talk – 1:04:57
Shout Outs – 1:32:31

http://bothdown.com/

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2012 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Woot! Can't wait to hear it.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2012 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

If you havent listened so far id recommend you give it a try. I dont really get on with podcasts, did quite like tacklezone before i guess, but this is really very good. Although i've had to stop at episode 4, 3 hours guys?? toooooo long! however, when i have a spare 3 hours im sure i will listen Smile
Kilowog1

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2012 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the response! Yeah, we know 3 hrs was too long... but... uh... OK, not really any excuse. We were new. If I were doing that now, I think I'd find a way to break it up, but it didn't feel like a good way of doing it.
I think there was something in the air that month, all the podcasts went too long hehe.
We're always looking for ways to improve, so feel free to email us with suggestions or comments or complaints or whatever. We promise to only cry a little bit...

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2012 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

will do, it's just im editing some wedding photos before bed and had hoped to listen to episode 4 while doing it, but dont have that much time. it's disapointment that you hear in my voice, cos i was really looking forward to it Smile
as i said above, it's really very good, accessible, and i'm looking forward to catching right up to the latest one over the next week or so Smile
fatfinley

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2012 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

You know you can listen while you work on your photos, then stop the podcast when done and return to it when you have time. Steve would like you to listen to it all at once, but it is not required. Smile
JonnyP

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2012 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Great show as always guys.
fatfinley

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2012 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Newest episode of Both Down!!!

Both Down #9 – I Got You Babe

Both Down Episode 9. Team Ginger gets back to basics, and by basics we mean we recorded this episode in the nude. This episode features segments like “House Rules” spotlighting house rules sent in by fans, “Strange Shit from Blood Bowl” hear about Mutations from a different Blood Bowl era, and “Tournament Talk” where we look at the team Steve is taking to Chaos Cup. Now stop reading this you know you want some Ginger love, press that button and give your ears a treat!

House Rules – 6:07
Strange Sh!t from Blood Bowl – 32:48
Tournament Talk – 1:03:53
Shout Outs – 1:21:13

http://bothdown.com/
mayhemzz22

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Wicked Ep!!! how can i get a both down pen in the uk?

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Just FYI and i'm not 100% sure about this but I think the feedback that we in the UK put on itunes for the BB podcasts is totally separate from the US feedback therefore you (podcast guys) won't see the UK feedback. You've got a handful of 5 stars including mine.

I always listen to these (BD, ZC, 3DB) on a Thurday night on my ipod whilst cleaning the bathrooms in my flat. Please give me a shout out next time!
Kilowog1

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2012 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. You're right, I can't see other country's feedbacks on itunes. I need to mention that.
Glad you're all liking.
As to pens in the UK? Not sure... haven't been contacted by any tournament organizers over there yet. So if you know a tournament coming up and it has a good # of people, have them contact us.

Thanks again guys!

Or on Twitter @BothDown
Kilowog1

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2012 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

New episode is live!

Both Down Episode 10 – In this episode we kick off the segments with a very special guest interview. Then its time to get crazy as we talk to the “Chaos See-Saw” Alan about his team for Chaos Cup. After all that we then go over our Chaos Cup plans and maybe do some trash talking. It all ends with our Shout-outs where we talk about Chaos Cup, 3DB, Nuffle and way too many other things. You like us, you love us, now have some more of us!

Behind the Fluff – Interview – 10:55
Tournament Talk – Team Breakdown – 48:25
Tournament Talk Part 2 – Chaos Cup – 1:08:00
Shout Outs – 1:30:12

http://bothdown.com

Or on Twitter @BothDown
 Jump to: