41 coaches online • Server time: 00:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Oly1987

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2012 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Just had a thought. There seems to be a lot of hate for the much maligned cyanide game because it isn't as good as fumbbl (bugs, not having all races etc) so I was wondering, what about a blood bowl game thats more like the nfl games. I played Blitz! The league which is basically madden but with injuries and violence. What if there was a blood bowl equivalent. There could be a story mode taking you through a blood bowl season with travelling to different regions, random events, tournaments, training and recruiting, betting etc as well as a multiplayer mode. I'm aware that this means its no longer blood bowl anymore in the turned based tabletop sense but more a dramatic and dynamic representation of the game. Basically it'd be cyanides blitz mode (which i never could get to grips with) but infinitely better. Obviously the game would need superb ai and pacing to make up for the lack of turnovers and the whole thing is just an idea inside my head but what do people think? BTW I played cyanides chaos league and found it to be much better than the blitz mode on blood bowl
birdbanger

Post   Posted: May 17, 2012 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried to make something like that. More rpg stuff and you could not control your players individually. Just give some orders like coaches do in reality. Like a manager game.
VoodooMike

Post   Posted: May 18, 2012 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

You know what would be even more popular than that? A lamborghini sports car that runs on tap water and only costs $30. The problem is never with coming up with great ideas that people would love, it's actually figuring out the implementation and logistics, and then making it happen.

It's a safe bet to say that "Madden but with Fantasy Races" would be very popular with gamers. It's also not really an "idea" so much as a fleeting thought... a bit like "a sports car but that can fly" is not so much an idea as an off-the-cuff nothing that warrants no discussion whatsoever until it is better formed.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: May 18, 2012 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

VoodooMike wrote:

It's a safe bet to say that "Madden but with Fantasy Races" would be very popular with gamers.

It was, EA released Mutant League Football almost 20 years ago.

It was a laugh but nowhere near as good as the normal Madden game. However I think quite a few people were attracted to the cyanide game in the hope that it would be like that.

Jump to: