32 coaches online • Server time: 07:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Severian

Post 3 Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to commend hunter for sticking up for what he or she thought was the appropriate thing to do about those threads earlier. I just want to say that this website isn't necessarily about doing what's politically correct, but it should be about having respect for fellow site members. We're already an outgroup, people! We're the weird ones who play a silly game called Blood Bowl, and we're developing its cult following. What's the point of stratifying us further by sectioning off who's homosexual or not? And need I mention that the poll was slanted from the start? It assumed the voter was male.

I can appreciate the humor of a vote like that in the right context, amongst people who you know are mature and open-minded. But this Blood Bowl forum is definitely not that place.

Cool
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if you want to start a second thread about it I will make the comment "Lay off people and stop being so goddamn sensitive." Nothing requires you to read it, nothing requires you to vote. As a matter of fact, it doesn't reveal your votes, so who is to know, what you did anyway.

Buncha crap if you ask me. And for the record I didn't vote, I didn't even look at the pictures, I don't come to Fumbbl to participate in that, so I avoid it. Everyone else could do the same. Instead of insisting that it be shut down.

Asperon Thorn
Muldvarpen

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that Hunter was way wrong. There is a huge difference between making fun of people and not having respect for people. I have nothing against gay people, and i think the poll was funny.

The poll was made as a joke (H-Hund loves Julia) the gay thing was added to make even more fun. When people are offended by that, i think they take them self to serius.

In a way i can understand why Grumbble locked the poll, it would have been a nasty, but fun debate. It's a only a matter of time before he sees this one and closes this.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed any more along this lines have a strong possibility of having that persons forum privs removed

they are clearly offending some people and i have better things to do with my free time
 Jump to: