34 coaches online • Server time: 09:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Back in the good ole days of the Box before everyone starting caring about majors. At any time you could check current matches and see 2 2000+ TV teams locking horns on the gridiron. Blood, Death, Glory, Victory, Defeat, Elfball, CLPOMB and awesome spec action was going on. Sometimes you had multiple High TV matches goin on. Even more awesome.

Now everyone needs to hold back their team. They are preped for the next tourney so wont activate anymore. Run my ho hum 1200 TV zon team for a few weeks.

It has become very very lame to spec Box matches now.

It used to be the best aspect of the Box. The high TV matches. Gone now, to the alter of the Box Majors.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Wot is Box?

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. The Boxers wanted it all...
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

People need to get out of this FUMBBL dogma that top TV is the best BB.

The best BB to spec, whether it's at the top of the page or not, is the game the best coaches are playing in.

There is rarely a great coach V great coach major game. Even when there is, sitting awaiting a Wizard to go off is hardly riveting stuff. You've very often better off somewhere else, and very often at low - mid TV.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

.... can a moderator force pythrr to use that as an avatar rather than his signature?

I can only imagine theme meme becoming more and more true if its allowed to stay Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

The best BB to spec, whether it's at the top of the page or not, is the game the best coaches are playing in.

There is rarely a great coach V great coach major game. Even when there is, sitting awaiting a Wizard to go off is hardly riveting stuff. You've very often better off somewhere else, and very often at low - mid TV.

This is such a jaded view of why people spec matches it just makes me laugh.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll try to fix that, just for you Silly.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState, are you sure that this isn't down to there being almost nothing but bash at high TV but much more diversity lower down.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
PainState, are you sure that this isn't down to there being almost nothing but bash at high TV but much more diversity lower down.

Nice! Pulling out the stat sheet.

Everyone specs for their own reasons.

My #1 reason for Specing is I want to see the high TV teams battle it out on the pitch. It is more entertaining for me.

I could list the other 21 reasons why I spec matches but who cares?

High TV match ups draw in specs. Mid to Low TV matches the fans dont seem to care about.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:

This is such a jaded view of why people spec matches it just makes me laugh.

Nonsense.

If the thrust of your argument was that Majors were sucking specs in because tournaments are well regarded and people want to spec them; fine, a reasonable argument.

But it isn't. You're upset there isn't more high TV BB to spec because, apparently, there is something special about high TV. At high TV there is nothing different to low TV other than low TV in Blackbox has more variety to it, generally.

To me - the best BB to spec is the best coached. To another, it's a famous team, a friend, blood, or a good racial matchup. None of that is high TV exclusive in Blackbox, as the thrust of your argument in the OP suggests.

So, in short, poppycock. The notion that high TV sucks in specs is just untrue in my experience. The best known coaches and teams get the numbers.

But either way, whomever is right, what on earth is the point you are making? Do away with Majors in B? After the long waa to get them to start with, from the major Major spammer? That doesn't seem to fit. That people should continue to play high TV teams and risk them? From the major Major spammer? Doesn't fit. That R is better? Surely not again...

Just odd. I don't know why I bit really! Time for me to bow out. Wink
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
[
But either way, whomever is right, what on earth is the point you are making?

That ever since Box Majors all of a sudden became important it killed off high TV matches in the Box due to coaches shelving teams for majors.

That is all.

Plus I like high TV matches and could careless about who is coaching said high TV team.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="PainState"]That ever since Box Majors all of a sudden became important it killed off high TV matches in the Box due to coaches shelving teams for majors./quote]

So you prefer the Ranked coaches who will pick 10 games vs. n00bs to "prep" for the Major, THEN park their team?
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

blader4411 wrote:

So you prefer the Ranked coaches who will pick 10 games vs. n00bs to "prep" for the Major, THEN park their team?

What I dont want is Box coaches acting like Ranked coaches at high TV.

Last edited by PainState on Apr 20, 2012 - 22:26; edited 1 time in total
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been cherrypicking games to spectate since 2004, and IMO majors make games more interesting. Tournaments makes winning more important. I've seen too many non-tournament games where a draw is satisfactory, those games are not very entertaining. Even the buildup to a tournament makes things interesting. Teams trying to fatten up (without the possibility to pick opponents like in Ranked).

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Tournaments kind of came before CRP to box. I dunno what time you are talking about.
 Jump to: