41 coaches online • Server time: 12:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
uuni

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I am most certain that you can not use Hail Mary Pass if you are not currently taking a Pass Action as per p 7 of the rules.

If someone really has any meritable theoretical framework that passing the ball does not require a Pass Action, please clarify yourself.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

With Blunderbuss you were able to do so... but alas, it's gone. No gnome trick 17 anymore (throwing and running a gnome into the endzone, then "passing" the ball to him with a blunderbuss). Sad

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

So can we HMP on a TTM attempt? Pretty sure it doesn't work since they are limited to quick passes or some such... but it would be hilarious if it worked! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

uuni wrote:
I am most certain that you can not use Hail Mary Pass if you are not currently taking a Pass Action as per p 7 of the rules.

If someone really has any meritable theoretical framework that passing the ball does not require a Pass Action, please clarify yourself.

ok, i'll bite.

I have HMP.

I catch a bomb.

Can I HMP the bomb back?

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
uuni wrote:

ok, i'll bite.

I have HMP.

I catch a bomb.

Can I HMP the bomb back?
Yes:
"A bomb may be intercepted or caught using the same rules for catching the ball, in which case the player catching it must throw it again immediately. This is a special bonus Action that takes place out of the normal sequence of play."
I don't see that as anything other than creating the exception to the requirement to be otherwise making a Pass Action.

garion wrote:
Then comes the problem that if the sequence works as people are suggesting then you must declare the pb when Pass is declared which causes more big problems.
No, it's declared when the pass is declared, not the Pass Action. The pass (small p) is declared when the target is declared, in the same way that a block is declared when the target is declared despite the fact that the Block Action is declared before any targets are selected.

Last edited by dode74 on %b %21, %2012 - %21:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Neat. So getting HMP...

Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Really what does it matter, we are takling about a skill no one hardly ever uses and a skill no one ever uses.
How often are we going to end in a situation where both skills are in play?

I say code what ever makes it done the fastes!

On a personal note I dont Think the skills Can be used together Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, indeed HMP can be used on the nameless (Throw-a-bomb?) Action that is specified in the Bombardier skill description. True.

As per TTM, the HMP skill description forbids it:
Rules p65, Hail Mary Pass wrote:
This skill may not be used in a Blizzard or with the Throw Team-Mate skill.

Please remember, that the game is specified to consist of sequential Actions as per p 7 of the rules. Action is different than the things done in an Action - Block Action is different than throwing of a block; Pass Action is different than passing the ball.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember what now? Who are you, my mother?

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

If HMP isn't a pass action, we can pass the ball to a player with HMP and then do a HMP?
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The pass skill can be used with HMP.

just saying
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

so if you have 2 HMP bombers and a third player with the ball and HMP it can be a Hail Mary Festival

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's say someone HMPasses a bomb and one of my players manages to catch it and successfully re-HMPasses it back. The Bomb then scatters and is miraculously caught by the original player on the original team who now has the opportunity to HMP it again, BUT he fumbles the bomb. That player happens to have Pro! Can he use it to attempt to reroll?

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

If HMP was NOT a pass move you could pass to your goblin/snot/halfling (using HMP) and still TTM. Of course it is a pass move so the point is mute.

Oscar Wilde
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Only 133 replies in the rules questions part of the forums...go go go...the record was 175 for the following post:

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8752
 Jump to: