30 coaches online • Server time: 11:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly; while it is very interesting to know his thoughts, but there is only one authority we can accept here fumbbl - Christer. Whether HE takes someone else as an authority doesn't really play into who WE look to as an authority. So in this case, I fully agree with pythrr, even though the comments in question happen to also support my opinion; the comments are simply that, comments, although they probably hold some kind of value.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Have anyone mailed GW and asked this question?

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Were_M_Eye wrote:
Have anyone mailed GW and asked this question?

For all I know GW aren't the one to ask about such things =)

Nelphine: While I agree with the logic in your reasoning, it still leaves us without an answer to the present problem. That is why I advocate accepting the best ruling we can possibly get. Really, what is the alternative?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

No no; we get the best information we can get (including the comments in question). We then present them to the Authority who matters to us on fumbbl (Christer and/or Kalimar), and then THEY make a ruling; since they are the authority who matters, that is the best ruling we can get. All we can do is try to offer them reasons to come to a particular decision, whether it be opinion, logic, or comments by people who are important for one reason or another.
johnnih

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough, I believe our case has been made.
NickNutria

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2012 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got one more question: if HMP is a pass action then opposing players in tackle zones would make the throw more difficult. Is this right?
Or do opposing players don't count and you always 'succeed' on a 2-6 in misthrowing the ball?
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2012 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Allthough it's a pass action, it's not a pass roll. It's a 1d6 with no modifiers.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2012 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

No, tackle zones don't affect the d6 roll, i.e. even if you are surrounded by opponent players you only need a 2+.
The rule says that a 1 is a fail, it doesn't say "before of after modification".
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2012 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

HMP is only going to be used for bombs, so few will try passblock moves on it.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2012 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Tbh i think that actually using PB on HMP could be a good move as it could give you a free 3 square move into contact with the thrower. The move would not do anything against the HMP but it would mean you're now in contact with the Player and can block him your turn.

And if the HMP is targeted on a player then there will be a catcher so there is a legal destination there too. If it's targeted to an empty square there is no legal destination except for the thrower. I feel that the wording on BP is more of a time frame than a condition just telling you when you're allowed to move your player.

Can go either way really. But my opinion id that it should work but only to move into contact with the thrower or catcher (if there is one)

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2012 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
HMP is only going to be used for bombs, so few will try passblock moves on it.

Actually, if a bomb is headed for an important spot, getting a (5+with reroll?) intercept chance or a (3+with reroll?) catch chance against it could still be pretty nice. However, no int for HMP.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2012 - 20:34
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

17 pages of high quality rules lawyering.

When the revolution comes, this thread will become the base for the kill list.

You are all going against the wall.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2012 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, I've already used HMP, with a regular ball, several times with my Gnome team. Blow away all the opposition in one corner of the field with 10-15 bomb strikes, run a daredevil in out of range of everything, and then HMP from your cannon sitting on your own end zone safely away from enemy attacks.
Jevulen

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2012 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

You can pass block against HMP, if you can either stand on the square targeted, or next to the guy passing at the end of the move. Standing next to the targeted square shouldn't be allowed, at least not with the way the competition rules are currently written.
polkobar

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2012 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok., after reading most of the post I´m not still sure if pass block can be used against HMP xD, but what I would like to confirm is if pass block can be used in a hands off action. If not, I would say I had a bug in my last game.If it can be used don´t pay attention to this post.
 Jump to: