55 coaches online • Server time: 20:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Underworlder

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all I REALLY don't know the answer to this question. I don't want any flame nor I'm trying to destabilize nothing. I say this because I saw un-understood (by me) "harsh" referring to this argument

To the question.
I know that it isn't a "loved behaviour" to have a lot of journeyman and a big treasury, and that you have to buy your players if you can (keeping the necessary to replace one or two positional in any case).

What about "miss next game"? If I've got a lot of money in the treasury, two MNG players and two journeyman, is it ok? Or have I to buy the reserves anyway (and then fire them if I want) when the MNG will be back?

I won't debate/argue any answer, only need to know from an admin (or equivalent voice) to be sure I'm not breaking the rules with THIS team.

Thanks

P.S.
Please, to everyone, I really need only the answer "by the rules". Let's not start an argument on the issue.
Christer

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 14:19
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The team is fine. As a rule of thumb, if you have 11 permanent players on the team, regardless of if they are available for the next game or not, the rule does not apply to the team.
Underworlder

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the reply
Cheer!
stej

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Correct, this site rules!!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The rule was made when people were plumbing the depths of the cheese created by the new ruleset. It's really about stocking up on cash to drop a ton of petty cash in tournaments (which isn't necessarily a good idea unless you're a prohibitive favorite, which probably also means you've got 11+ healthy men), and also about overall competitiveness: you're expected to play to win, and all else equal a Loner isn't as good as the same player without Loner, so if the money really doesn't mean anything you should spend it to get those rostered players.

I've done and seen all the following and never heard a complaint.
* Cut injured players I couldn't afford to replace;
* Keep a roster below 11 men with enough cash to hire the rest, but not enough to have money left over to replace any lost positionals;
* Run a Journeyman until one gets a Cas or MVP just so I know if I'm spending money on the guy I'm getting SPP for my cash... unless I'm loaded, then I'll just hire a player, and if he dies it's only gold.

One of my Human teams, the Armpittsburgh Stolen, is that way. They suffered a lot of deaths, which bankrupted them and still left them with only 9 men. They have 100k in Treasury, just enough to replace the losses, but I'm waiting until I get SPP on a Journeyman, or until I get over 200k in treasury, so I know that if I hire a lino it won't cost me games with a Blitzer or something later.

That's really why the rule is so vague. There are so many legitimate exceptions. If you don't feel like you're trying to get away with something, the admins probably won't feel that way, either. If they do, you'll find that they're very reasonable people.

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %16, %2012 - %18:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

People get pissed off because they don't know what 'too much' is.

200k, 300k, 250k, more?

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2012 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well that didn't take long did it. The question's been answered, and now we're going over old ground.

My advice is 'Don't tread near where you think the line is, and you probably won't tread over it.'
 Jump to: