22 coaches online • Server time: 02:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
knegarpetter

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

?? wich teams are in your eyes, "bashy"?? Lizardmen?? orc?? norse??
MixX

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

well, chaos, undead, dwarves, chaos dwarves, nurgle's rotters, khemri are definetely bashy. They don't need to be geared to kill, but most succesful teams of this type try to thin out the opposition a bit before going after the ball. Orcs don't NEED to, but can be quite bashy especially at higher TR's. Humans CAN be bashy, too, but rarely are. Lizardmen are not bashy in my book, but then I rarely play against them. Necromantic teams are not too bashy, but not a "soft" team either. Who have I forgotten, let's see... Norse and Amazons are not too bad either, but especially Norse *can* be bashy, if they have some Mighty Blow/Piling On blitzers..
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont listen to MixX.

Ok the bashiest teams are easily skaven (pure nasty spite there), goblins (look out for count em, 2 trolls), amazons (dont let their sultry looks fool you) and elves (those strength 3 catchers are the fear and envy of all BB playing folk).

Oscar Wilde
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Vaguely in order from bashiest to least bashy:

Bashy:

Khemri
Chaos
Rotters
Dwarf
Orc
Chaos Dwarf

Tweener:

Undead
Necromatic
Lizard
Amazon
Norse
Human

Agility:

Skaven
Wood Elf
Dark Elf
High Elf
Elf
Franz

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcs are the bashiest!
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri are nowhere near the bashiest team. They are trash compared to real bashy teams at higher levels. Real bashy teams will have more mighty blow, more guard, better armor, more well rounded team developement, and possibly claw/razor claws. The only real advantage khemri have is the ability to throw slightly more 3 die blocks.

There are a few teams that are unfairly discriminated against as bashy. Undead and especially necro get dodged a lot when they are overall quirky in the middle teams and no where near real team killers.

I'd probably say dwarves are the bashiest team, there raw staying power from aromor 9 and thick skull is amazing. They can have a huge number of guard and mb players and they have acess to frenzy players for some crowd pushing. Only problem with dwarves is it's hard to foul with them since all there players are so damn good. Chaos dwarves are basically the same but they can run a quicker ofence and have nice gobbos to use as dps. The price they pay for this is that there gobbos are very squiahy and they can be singled out to get an advantage.

All good ork teams are bashy, there are some crazy coaches out there that think it's fun to ttm with orks but they should be ignored when it comes to classifying the team.

Chaos have the potential to become truly terifying, but it takes luck and a lot of doubles rolls. The same goes for rotters of course, but they are even harder to develope.

Lizards are a lot like chaos, they are bashy when they are good but it's hard to ge them up to where they are bashy. It takes a lot of luck and patience to get your saurus to level up but once you have a full team of block guard mighty blow saurus they are next to unstopable. Lizzies also have one of the best big guys in the game.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't I enlighten you morons on a different thread on the same topic. RACES aren't bashy or non-bashy. Races are based on high STR vs high AG.

Coach skill preference determines whether a TEAM is bashy or not.

Take 2 teams -
Chaos coach #1 rolls 4 doubles skills and picks big hand, foul appearance, 2 heads, and stand firm.

Skaven coach #2 rolls 4 doubles and picks claw, claw, RSC, and mighty blow for a gutter runner.

Yet you are gonna let some moron convince you that the chaos team is bashier than the skaven because its "chaos".

It's a stupid question.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

of course. why did that gutter runner take mighty blow and not dirty player?

So your argument is flawed.

Oscar Wilde
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

He wanted a useless skill since a player starting at ST 2 can't use MB... Wink

Of course, he's got a point about a coach and his playing style making a team 'bashy' more than just the race, some races are perhaps more easily geared towards 'bashiness,' and therefore 'bashy' coaches tend to take them...
Mully

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ya -----^^^^^^^ ------what he said

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

we're talking in general terms here, he DID ask which teams are bashy, but he meant races and I'm quite sure he didn't want a "look for yourself" answer. True, it depends on the playing style and skill choices for a particular team, and exceptions can be made etc. but in general, chaos will be more "bashy" than skaven, even if there are ball-playing chaos teams and nasty killer-skaven around... and likewise pro elves are never going to be very bashy, no matter what.
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Bashy? I believe bashy is a coach afraid to play a high-agility, low-armor team, such as me. Most "bashy" teams are those who are not going to be able to have OTSs or ag-5 throwers without a ton of rolls but can have ACCESS to armor-breaking and injury-causing skill. However, mine is only one opinion, there are truly many. One thing I do know: Khemri are bashy when they have 4 mummies with block and guard or such, otherwise they are not.

Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I do not see my Khermi as bashy. I have serveral 7av players with slow move. Often my cas box has as many players in it as my oppositions. I have alot of surehands, and extra stats on my skeletons to move the ball. When the dice are rolling 1,5 on every armour roll, you need the skills to help you win or stay in the game.

I see alot of labelling around in fumbbl and coaches won't even play a chaos/khermi team without even looking at my rosters first. Then they see my big hands, foul appearance, vll players then agree to play.

Sometimes FUMBBL is the biggest CHICKEN COOP I have ever seen...

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

and likewise pro elves are never going to be very bashy, no matter what

cheapest line-elves... can you say 6 dirty players for an anti-EMU team? Smile
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

MixX wrote:
we're talking in general terms here, he DID ask which teams are bashy, but he meant races and I'm quite sure he didn't want a "look for yourself" answer. True, it depends on the playing style and skill choices for a particular team, and exceptions can be made etc. but in general, chaos will be more "bashy" than skaven, even if there are ball-playing chaos teams and nasty killer-skaven around... and likewise pro elves are never going to be very bashy, no matter what.

That's my point exactly MixX: although it generally takes a coach to be 'bashy,' (although I would argue that angry elves with hot dice can sure do a lot of damage) there are races that are more suited to it than others, which are what we would refer to as the 'bashy' races.
 Jump to: