52 coaches online • Server time: 19:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It has everything to do with ageing...

None of the above mentioned "issues", would be present in the amount it curently is, if ageing was there to take care of it's share of players skilling up.

So again...

In short.

Bring back ageing.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

What a stupid pointless troll.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:

This post is a pointless troll... The other post had a statement... Oh wait, now this has one to...

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Bring back Raging!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Skolopender wrote:
It has everything to do with ageing...

None of the above mentioned "issues", would be present in the amount it curently is, if ageing was there to take care of it's share of players skilling up.

So again...

In short.

Bring back ageing.

yes

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Skolopender wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:

This post is a pointless troll... The other post had a statement... Oh wait, now this has one to...

I troll yr trolling troll troll.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry painstate, thats rubbish.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

All this boils down to is: if you have awesome players and the other coach doesn't, of course you have an edge. The question you have to ask is whether or not your players are awesome enough to beat em. AG5 and AG6 is awesome, but to be frank, they do need other solid players to back em up. If you think of any real life sport, there are those epic players who win their teams games. They don't usually do it single handed, though, but sometimes they can perform an awesome move and play the entire opposition out and score. That goes for blood bowl as well.

High AG players as well as other stat freaks being "overpowered" absolutely goes with the sports nature of the game. They are "overpowered" because they indeed are overpowered in their world, having taken that extra training to become the stat-freaks they are. It's not because of some roll of the dice if you roleplay it, it is a lot of determination and hard work for a player to reach awesomeness!

So, to sum up: this pretty much makes more sense than anything else about this game. AG5 is not that common, AG6 is really rare. Players like that should be admired, not complained about. And by admired, I mean kill all them mens, but do it like a sir and not whining like a pansy!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not sure what this thread is about?

Elves are ball handling dodge merchants who dont want to get engaged in a bash and want to beat you 5-0.

Bash teams are grinding death merchants who want to bash you and win 1-0

It's ying and yang... its the farking game... if you dont want elves to steal your ball, then go play chess!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Great post Fabrizio.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Eventually if they are lucky, or you are unlucky, they get in on a much better than 12% chance.

Brilliant!
johnnih

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Fabrizio and ClayInfinity just added so much awesomeness to this thread.
nin

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Bringing back ageing!?
Please, no. It was an awfull rule, seriously.

If anything, I'd go the make fouling better route (not like the nobrainer DP in lrb4, more like a general(agility) access combo of 2-3 skills imho)

But just in case: is it bad that elves are tier 1?
Again, I think the correct answer is no.
And I think that people who think otherwise have lost perspective (or are trolling this thread)
srjuanone

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice post, but the only thing u need to stop a stat-freak leaper elf is a stat-freak surehands ballcarrier. In my view game is balanced in that sense. Once you have a nice ballcarrier (and a tackler) you can skill the rest of your team to play against bashers.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2012 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes I forget my FUMBBL age and so all this old school stuff goes over coaches heads. Reread the first line of the OP.

PainState wrote:
In the spirit of the old days when elfballing was the "bane" I think we need to take another look at this.

Back in the dark days of early FUMBBL, I arrived during the middle ages BTW.

Elfballing/Stalling were the rants, besides DP. Stalling and Elfball went hand in hand. Check out the old posts back in the day.

So to one extent this was poking fun at how "we" have given up old rants for new ones...."The dreaded Combo" threads, CRP is crap, Another "Combo" Thread, game inbalances in CRP and so forth and so forth.

But I also think we have forgotten the Elfball rant is still out there, lingering in the back ground, primarily we are so concerned about our pixels we dont care about elfs right now.

I attempted to make the case that CRP rules enhanced elfball to a new level. In fact makes the old elfball arguments pale in comparison now.

I have found it amusing how we have become so fixated on the "combo" that the elf ballers have gotten off unscathed in the forums. Their teams overall have gotten much more powerful, yet silence from the masses.

CRP not only beefed up the CAS side of the game, some would say to a level of inbalance. BUT the other side of the ying/yang theory also grew in power. So I would say you could make a case that the elfballers CRP buff inbalanced the game also.

We rant about the ying and ignore the yang.

My final thought.

I never talk about coaching skill level, I never discredit coaching prowess on the grid iron, I never questions a coaches team build. I stay away from all of that stuff.

I do think coaches skill level does make a big diffrence on win/losses.

But with out tyring to sound jaded or flipant about this. This game comes down to a few "roll" of the dice. We all know this to be true in our gut. Elfballers now have a huge advantage in the most critical part of the game. The 2 or 3 most crucual rolls of the game are stacked in the Elfballers direction. They only need to make about 2 key rolls to flip a match on its head. "The Combo" guys need to make a lot of rolls and hope it comes up good and that still does not guarantee a win.

CRP changed a lot of things from the previous LRB4. IMO one of the biggest and never discussed about issue is the huge BUFF that the elf teams got.