22 coaches online • Server time: 07:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How useful is the User Guide?
It's great! I couldn't cope without it
18%
 18%  [ 37 ]
It's good, but it isn't perfect
49%
 49%  [ 100 ]
It's OK, but I could live without it
12%
 12%  [ 25 ]
It's handy for newbies, but I don't bother with it.
16%
 16%  [ 34 ]
It's rubbish, why bother with it?
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 203

Colin

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to find out how useful the Guide is to everyone, and a poll is the perfect way to find out.

Last edited by Colin on %b %15, %2010 - %12:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin I must congratulate you on championing the user guide, I said a great many months ago that it needed updating/improving and it looks like you and BadMrMojo are on the case.

If I wasn't still a BB newbie I'd help, however if there is anything I CAN do just ask, keep up the good work.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

You can still certainly still contribute. I don't want to give away all my secrets but when working I find that the best way to get good copy from a client is by writing really bad filler copy. They get so offended that they change it. Smile

Seriously, though. Anything you may want to add on is another perspective, if nothing else. That's worthwhile right there. Anything regarding how the site, chat, etc... all work is useful.

If you don't feel comfortable giving tactical advice, stick to the 'easy' stuff that you take for granted but it trips up most newbies. How to find a reasonably close opponent. How a particular division works. How match reports work. Links to stuff that you found helpful. Anything you can think of to help someone out.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2004 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm new to FUMMBL but not blood bowl. The user guide has been very helpful but it doesn't answer all of my questions.

One question that I have is:
How does a person spectate on a game.

Personally, I would like to see this explained because I don't want to challenge people to a game yet because I'm not really sure how the interaction between players works.

But, keep up the good work!
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2004 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Adding spectating info is a very good idea. I'll try to write something up for instructions.

For now, you can try clicking on the Games link and there's a "spectate" link next to each match. It doesn't work for everyone but try just clicking on that and it might automagically open up and spectate the game you pick.

If you're one of the unfortunate few who can't use the link, you share my sympathy, but it's relatively easy to get around. I'll post some instructions in a bit.

Also, I think you'll find player interaction is pretty easygoing for the most part. Your odds of asking for an introductory match in chat and finding a helpful and friendly type to take you on and show you the ropes are pretty good. Nonetheless, I commend your effort to check things out first as well... and actually reading the stuff beforehand? You're a saint!

Good luck and I'll post a link here when I get that info available for you.

{ edit: ok, here's the hard way. It's still not too tough. }

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2004 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

*Bump* - A lot of people have joined since this thread was created - I'm curious to know what some of the newer coaches have to say about the User Guide.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2004 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I just signed up with FUMBBL. Used to play BB years ago and a friend came across this site and told me about it. Have only got to play one game so far but I will say the User Guide is extremely helpful. Without it I would have just got frustrated trying to figure stuff out and not joined most likely.

Great job!!
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not really very new any more, but I still occasionally have questions, and it always answers them. And it was invaluble when I started.
Thank you! It's great.
BB_Babe

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm returning to the boardgame after a long hiatus -- haven't played since 2nd edition! The guide is really really handy in trying to figure out how to update all my teams. Minor suggestion since not all the lists are updated (yet?) to LRB 4.0 -- could you put a 'last update' note right in the content links list? That would be super handy for checking back.

Thanks so much for all the work. Yay Team!
Colin

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to FUMBBL - The racial team pages you're referring to were my baby to begin with, and have been neglected of late, along with the rest of my FUMBBL involvement (worry not, I will return); if you click on PageHistory at the bottom of an entry, you can find out when it was last updated. As it is a Wiki, you can always change the contents if you find obsolete information or a mistake.
If there is something major that you wish to highlight, feel free to open a new thread under the User Guide forum- there have in the past been some marvelous individual contributions to the User Guide as a result of such threads.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

WOW! I just realized it's a Wiki. Awsome. I've been working on the fairies. Razz
Dreamsplitter

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

the user guide is great, i almost managed a one-turner once thanks to brownrob's description!
thanks brownie!
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The User Guide was great when I started. Nice that it's Wiki to, since I found my way here (accidentally) from Wikipedia. Ah, the things misclicks can lead to.
I'd help write more myself, but I'm still to poor a coach to offer any advice other than take guard.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Eh, Wiki? (sorry to dissapoint you Luke, but this one goes over my head...)
Else I like the Guide, apart from it being work in progress, so you have to read it gain now and then, oh well, guess I can live with that, tough life is... Wink
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Freefragger wrote:
Eh, Wiki?

No worries. Good to see you back.

The Wiki part that everyone refers to is simply the way it is set up so that anyone can edit any part of it at any time.

Right now, if you wanted to, you could go in and change the main page to read, "pwn3d by Fr33Fr4gg3R!"

Naturally, you'd lose about 10,000 coolness points and we would go right in and change it back, but you _could_ do so if you really wanted to.

The idea is that it's all about user contributions.

Jump to: