65 coaches online • Server time: 23:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
A potential issue that Kalimar raised that has been completely jumped over is that (presumably due to a shared code path), if it's changed for Fend, it has to be changed for Stand Firm and the related skills too. Is this worth it? I'd be willing to bet the reason it hasn't been raised is that people have read page 1, and jumped straight to the reply button, due to the back and forthing diminishing the utility in reading the pages in between.

IMHO stand firm is different. Stand firm is whether you want to allow the push back or not. I don't think making the player choose the pushback destination then allowing the choice to stand firm makes sense. You're preventing the push altogether. It's not like the attacker has the option to push you back or not, he has to. I know he has a choice of which square to push you back to, but - in my mind - that isn't relevant until the push occurs. Just like the fend isn't isn't relevant until the follow up occurs.

Push -> stand firm? -> push destination -> follow up? -> fend

That's the logical sequence in my mind. I could be wrong?

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I think he means theway it's coded in the client, it would be opening a larger can of worms than just changing the fend loop itself.

Jump to: