48 coaches online • Server time: 15:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CavSgtBob

Post   Posted: May 10, 2012 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe, in fact probably, I'm just not looking in the right place, but I'm going to ask sheepishly for help on something that I really gel like I should have figured out on my own:

On the show stats page for a team, the last stats are for "TR Avg" and "Str Diff". What are those numbers, and what can I infer from highly positive numbers (like a 21) or highly negative numbers (like a -17)?

I'm trying to look at my record to see what I might be doing well or poorly, and I think FUMBBL has AWESOME data to help if I can just understand what it's trying to tell me.

Thanks for helping out a noob who wants to learn![/url]
Woodstock

Post   Posted: May 10, 2012 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

They are leftovers from the LRB4 era. TR and TS are ratings no longer used. Im not sure they provide any valid information at this time.
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 10, 2012 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

just as a historical note (Very Happy), team rating was used in LRB4 to calculate handicaps. team strength was a fumbbl invention which was used to measure the "real" strength of a team, calculated by a complex formula and used for blackbox matchmaking. it used the number of players on a team, their skills n stats, skills in relation to stats (e.g. av), certain strong combos (blodge, claw/razor sharp claw)or strong skills (guard).

in lrb 4 a highly positive number in the average was a hint (not a proof) that a coach (e.g. in ranked) used to play vs a far weaker opposition (->cherrypicking), while a negative number was a sign for a diehard coach.

however these number wont make a lot of sense now because of new skills and the inducement system
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 10, 2012 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

There are a fair few hangover bits left from the olden days. CR being wrong on the games page / match reports, loads of User Guide stuff, TS, 'Team Wizard', BBR, Blackbox central...

It's all cosmetic and, at the end of the day, not in the least important. But I expect it is confusing to newcomers. I got a question about BBR from a new coach last week. Obviously, it's all low priority for Christer, but of the bits we could do ourselves, we cold have a look through the User Guide...
Garion

Post   Posted: May 10, 2012 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The user guide is free of all this lrb4 stuff. I went through and removed it all or stuck it in the lrb4 archive a while back. The only stuff I think left from the LRB4 days is on Christers side now I think. But if anyone spots anything in the user guide that shouldn't be there, just let me know. I'm bound to have missed something.
CavSgtBob

Post   Posted: May 11, 2012 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to know I'm not missing something obvious. It sounds, then, like the way to track my performance against various team and coach rankings, besides just looking at my own CR, is to gather and crunch my own stats.

I think I saw that PainState keeps data on at leat one of his teams--anyone else doing this in a user-friendly way?
The_Murker

Post   Posted: May 11, 2012 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Some guys track a win loss record on their team bio page in 10 game intervals. It might let you go back easily to a particulary good or bad block of games and see what you were doing differently.

I do however seem to have problems watching replays that are a few months old. Games seem to freeze half way into team set-ups. anyone else with that problem or a solution?
zakatan

Post   Posted: May 11, 2012 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

CavSgtBob wrote:
Glad to know I'm not missing something obvious. It sounds, then, like the way to track my performance against various team and coach rankings, besides just looking at my own CR, is to gather and crunch my own stats.

I think I saw that PainState keeps data on at leat one of his teams--anyone else doing this in a user-friendly way?

if you want to keeps stats in your bios, Shraaaag is your man: http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~brill/fumbbl/
 Jump to: