42 coaches online • Server time: 15:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
truckerpunk

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering if it's possible to center the team bio beneath the logo? It's a minor detail but I like things nice and tidy, and I'm not the best html-geek around... Far from.

One of the teams in question: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=686032

Thanks in advance
Woodstock

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

No.
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

ocd much?

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah.. I guess so. I just have to "live with it" I guess. Very Happy

Thanks again.
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, yes. Here's what it'll look like: http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=603825

To do so, start your team bio code with:
</table>

Let me know if that's what you were looking for. You might have to begin a second table to put your written bio in, but maybe not.

EDIT: Different team AND:
If don't add a bit of code, the text below the team logo will be aligned to the left. If you want it aligned center, do the following:
<div align="center">
[INSERT TEXT HERE]
</div>

This only needs be at the beginning (just after the </table>) and end of the team bio.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the mock up for the new team pages that are supposed to replace the old ones eventually. There is a small bio area at the top that is intended to be text only and limited to x number of words. Then there will be a larger bottom bio area below the team stats. No idea on the time frame. Done when Christer has time.

Link from Christer's blog:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team2&id=55051

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest you do not follow WindexChugger suggestions, because that would mean you would break the site... and that is one of the many reasons why html will be disabled for bio's.
truckerpunk

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no idea what lies in the wording "break the site"... But it sounds like it should be avoided.
Thanks anyway WindexChugger, that was exactly what I wanted... But as in real life; when the cops "suggest" you don't do something, you know what they mean... Very Happy
Calcium

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Christers new team page layout looks great, there's a lot of things happening behind the scenes, it's all quite exciting!

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
ocd much?

It's C D O!
I can't believe you people always get it wrong. It has to be in alphabetical order.
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

truckerpunk wrote:
I have no idea what lies in the wording "break the site"... But it sounds like it should be avoided.
Thanks anyway WindexChugger, that was exactly what I wanted... But as in real life; when the cops "suggest" you don't do something, you know what they mean... Very Happy

They mean if you do it your account will get banned?

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
I suggest you do not follow WindexChugger suggestions, because that would mean you would break the site... and that is one of the many reasons why html will be disabled for bio's.

Breaking the site? *chuckles*

That's not breaking anything. Come off it. I've had it that way on my main team bio since I joined. I don't recall seeing FUMBBL fall apart because of it.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Woodstock wrote:

Breaking the site? *chuckles*

That's not breaking anything. Come off it. I've had it that way on my main team bio since I joined. I don't recall seeing FUMBBL fall apart because of it.

Well, some of them are extremely annoying.

If you look at any of Kenthis's Box Chaos teams, I can't actually see the team in Chrome, because the image stretches waaay over the team description. It would be very irritating, not being able to see the skills I'm playing against, if it wasn't Kenthis(so they are all clawmbpo). It bugs me whenever I want to see what his team looked like after a game.
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

^^ this

more evidence that Chainsaw only ever speaks from his own personal experience and interest, and rarely considers the effect on others.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Whoa. Dude... did you just say that? No.. no. "rarely considers the effect on others." No... no.. THAT is some messed up stuff right there. I've been punked. LOL

Jump to: