16 coaches online • Server time: 03:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
Well, some of them are extremely annoying.

If you look at any of Kenthis's Box Chaos teams, I can't actually see the team in Chrome, because the image stretches waaay over the team description. It would be very irritating, not being able to see the skills I'm playing against, if it wasn't Kenthis(so they are all clawmbpo). It bugs me whenever I want to see what his team looked like after a game.

This is a different issue. Those bios are within the borders.

I've had my Chainsaw team bio like this since 2005ish.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=193169

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
^^ this

more evidence that Chainsaw only ever speaks from his own personal experience and interest, and rarely considers the effect on others.

Note to self: don't feed the trolls. Self ponders: does pythrr have so little to do that he feels the need to make meaningless contributions to every thread in the forum?

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

You could potentially hide your team:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=601732

And that's why you are not supposed to do it.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
pythrr wrote:
^^ this

more evidence that Chainsaw only ever speaks from his own personal experience and interest, and rarely considers the effect on others.

Note to self: don't feed the trolls. Self ponders: does pythrr have so little to do that he feels the need to make meaningless contributions to every thread in the forum?

Pot - Kettle.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
pythrr wrote:
^^ this

Not a troll at all. Merely a humble observation that your comments, sir, are almost always predicated upon the argument that "I do not do this, therefore it is fine". As others have pointed out above, there are many opportunities for abuse of such code, and that is the reason it is banned/discouraged (unsure which, as Woodstock said it was not allowed, but you seem to be flaunting this ruling with no consequences).

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Shraaaag

I don't even know how to center the bio under the logo, so even if I wanted to hide my team, (don't really see why... Good luck finding a game in [R] with not visible team), I'm pretty sure that's way beyond my abilities.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

truckerpunk wrote:
@ Shraaaag

I don't even know how to center the bio under the logo, so even if I wanted to hide my team, (don't really see why... Good luck finding a game in [R] with not visible team), I'm pretty sure that's way beyond my abilities.

It was a response to how the suggested solution could 'break the site'. There is however no 'good' solution to center your team logo.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Pot - Kettle.

You're a first class tit.

So I have a debate on-point about fend, shown to be justified since I'm not the only person discussing it, and then because I'm showing how a bit of html can be used to harmlessly adjust the look of a bio, I'm a troll?

Go inject yourself into some other conversation and try and call other people selfish and self centered and see how that works out for you.

Or go back to lame blog posts with dour humour. At least then the nonsense is isolated.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this thread about Fend? No. Why are you bringing Fend up?

And please stop the personal abuse. Feel free to critique my forum argument style, but personal abuse is lame, intellectually weak, and - I hate to add - against site rules.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's just keep it subtle then eh pythrr?

pythrr wrote:
^^ this

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Let's just keep it subtle then eh pythrr?

pythrr wrote:
^^ this

subtle, blatant, do whatever you want sir, as long as you don't contravene site rules again.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
pythrr wrote:
Pot - Kettle.

You're a first class tit.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Is this thread about Fend? No. Why are you bringing Fend up?

And please stop the personal abuse. Feel free to critique my forum argument style, but personal abuse is lame, intellectually weak, and - I hate to add - against site rules.

Addendum, then I'm ignoring this troll.

I brought up the fend thread up because that's the only other significant contribution I made to the forum, and you specifically said more evidence. So you have evidence that I'm a selfish brute, then present it?

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Who said that?

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Holy guacamole.

Back on topic:
From what I have discussed with Christer about designing the new team pages is that he didn't want html, and I personally HATED huge bios above the team that meant scrolling forever to see a team. So blame me for designing the page that way if you want, not Christer. One thing I did ask to be included in the design, but is in no way guaranteed, are some of the Shraaaag-style top player lists that can be expanded or collapsed as desired. This would automate some of that functionality people use for html now.

And no, I won't miss team pages with theme songs or embedded videos. Wink