17 coaches online • Server time: 04:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 21, 2012 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

phil78 wrote:
TheMurker wrote:
Here's a better one. Who do we think has the most ridiculous luck going? POWs on all the fearless 1d blocks, POWs on every blodger without need for tackle, pick-ups in three tackle zones and blitz kick - off results following countless one turn touchdowns?

That's easy. It's PeteW

+6

cos that's all he ever rolls. Wink

Post   Posted: May 21, 2012 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

My worst game dice-wise was indeed a tabletop one.

My Wood Elves rolled six turnovers straight on the first rolls of the first 6 turns of the match, including at least 4 snakes. And then I rolled snakes again on the first roll of turn 16, dodging for the drawn (no other roll needed).

Even worse, I was playing vs my little sister...

Looking back it was a great game.
Zombywuf

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2012 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I just seem to only be able to coach well when the dice are against me. It's not a good combination.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2012 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
I had a game with 5 double skulls in 5 turns.

As dwarves...each of the first 5 turns, I rolled a double skulls on a block.

Although really - no way to quantity "worst" dice luck.

Because Pythrr will ask - here.

I think what is most impressive about your luck in that game is that it is really just a continuation of the luck you were having in the game before

These teams matched up, I diced him SO HARD and RIPed his runner. Then we match up again days later and I assume that this time I have it coming to me. But no, it is even worse with the 5 double skulls in the first five consecutive turns (and I inflict 3 SI to boot). Azure really outplaying me in those first turns too, I really made a lot of mistakes, but after he runs out of RR and the skulls just keep coming...

Each game in and of itself is a horrible dicing, but put the two together back to back and it is really impressive by any standard.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2012 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
sadly not, but i suspect every coach on fumbbl thinks they hold the record somewhere down the line lol.

I'm sure it was me!!! If we use the old luck % anyway.

Why did I never lock this thread as soon as it started......mystery. Confused
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2012 - 19:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

i dunno about in game but when it comes to skill roles i must be close to if not the luckiest coach. All my trees roll +MA's or doubles, or +St or all three Razz

My flings CONSTANTLY roll +ag

... and they never age Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2012 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I think we need to set up a base line for this. In order to claim the worst luck ever you must beat this base line test on the post match report.

1)Lose the match 0-4+.
2)Have 0 rushing yards and 0 passes
3)Only received 5 SPP due to MVP
4)Your MVP player was RIP
5)Inflicted 0 CAS in the match

This is the base line for worst luck ever. Everyone has had multiple bad "dice" games but IF you can show us a match report with this level of futility, well you are now nominated for worst luck ever. At that point we can watch match replays to determine the winner.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2012 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Garion wrote:
sadly not, but i suspect every coach on fumbbl thinks they hold the record somewhere down the line lol.

I'm sure it was me!!! If we use the old luck % anyway.

Why did I never lock this thread as soon as it started......mystery. Confused

You rolled double 1s to lock?

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
Zombywuf

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2012 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Ok, I think we need to set up a base line for this. In order to claim the worst luck ever you must beat this base line test on the post match report.

1)Lose the match 0-4+.
2)Have 0 rushing yards and 0 passes
3)Only received 5 SPP due to MVP
4)Your MVP player was RIP
5)Inflicted 0 CAS in the match

1 seems invalid, as some coaches will just grind your players into jam instead of scoring touchdowns. And 3 implies 2.

Is there some sort of dump of all the match data available that we can just run statistical analysis on and settle the question? That way I can prove I'm the unluckiest coach.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2012 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Your luck will improve if you join the 145 Club.

And that's the truth!

145 Club

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2012 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

What if your opponent dices you extremely hard? (To the order of his dice being 1 in 3.5 million odds against).

Specifically, 22 blocks, mostly without claw, mb, or po (he did have a clawpomber who got 4 cas in 8 blocks, but didn't do anything with his other 4 blocks), and he still caused 7 casualties and 8 KO's against (which is 11 cas or ko, 1 of which came from an mb/po player, and 10 came from players with no mb/po/claw skills at all) my 12 man team.

The rest of the game wasn't particularly unlucky though (lost 2-0, no deaths or perms on important players, managed to cause 4 cas of my own), so I'm only mentioning it from a purely math point of view, not a truly 'unluckiest in every single aspect' way.
 Jump to: