21 coaches online • Server time: 07:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Uruki_TO

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all out there

Well, i'm a new player to BBL, and don't know how are you all gonna feel about this, but had to mention it. I'm Spanish, and as you already probably know, Spain suffered yesterday worst terrorist attack ever in Europe, with nearly 200 people killed and lots of victims (if you didn't know, check the Internet: "Madrid, Atocha, train, bombs"... are keywords which will surely result in a bunch of news). My whole country is shocked. Today, at 19,00 p.m. , demonstrations will be held in every village and city; shops, cinemas, theaters, bars... all will close. Would appreciate if, as in real life sports events, people in this game could also have a minute of silence at that time. It's only a symbol of solidarity and commitment, but symbols may sometimes mean more than facts.

I hope nobody feels offended. To those who think BBL is a game and not real life, and that I'm spoiling their fun, I tell them this is a game played by REAL people, but anyway sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused. And to you all, people, thanks a lot.

Uruki_TO
Goblinux

Post 21 Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think everybody heard about these facts Uruki and I myself feel sorry for these innocent people. Lithuania is joining European Union this spring, so I take these acts of terorism personaly.

Last edited by Goblinux on %b %12, %2004 - %19:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Sionis

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

My prayers are with my fellow Spaniards.
Severian

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Uruki_TO your message is in NO way offensive or inappropriate. The Spaniards are in my thoughts...
Barash

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I think people all over the world are in shock by these recent events in Spain. Manny innocent people died or were wounded due to this completely unfair and cowardisch terrorist attack. My thoughts are with all the families who lost their relatives and/or friends.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

As a basque by heritage and I am fervently hoping the nationalist movement had nothing to do with these attacks.. as a Canadian my hope is that whoever did this is found and punished regardless of who they are.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, Uruki _TO's request is in no way offensive or inappropriate. It's important that we show our unity against terrorism and illegal violence and thus support the Spaniards in their moment of grief and sorrow. If I would pray, I would do it for those who lost their beloved ones in Madrid.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the comments about propriety came from something I said earlier (which has since been deleted). It was not in regards to Uruki's post at all, rather one of the follow-ups (which has also been edited since then). So far, no one has said anything to discredit anything that Uruki has said or requested.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

hi:
i think as Uruki does; i´m spanish too, in fact i´m from madrid and i think uruki´s idea is very good.People can be on accord or disaccord but it shows which person kind we are.
The answer are in our heads, in each one of them.
Finally, Sorry for my english , it´isn´t very good. I hope you all can understand me.
Byes.
_bardo_

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

im from Madrid too. I take the train every day in Atocha to go to my university at about 9:30; it could have happened to me... Ive just come from the manifestation (hope this word fits...) and there is only one thing to say: NO MORE TERRORISM!
parralhu

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi lads. I'm from Madrid too, 11 March is now a sad day in Spain, I hope those acts never happens again.

NO TO ALL FORM OF TERRORISM

All we're in mourning in our hearts now.
Uruki_TO

Post 14 Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I just came from the demonstration... Thousands, millions people all over Spain crowded the streets, and this was touching. In America, in other European countries, there were too demonstrations, and that made me feel warmth in my heart, and in a little virtual community, that of people who plays to this game, I found comprehension and solidarity, coming from very different people, from different countries, with different languages, cultures and traditions. Thanks to you all. Maybe this is a big game, just because there's great people who plays to it. Now, let's play then, and thanks again.

Uruki_TO
orenji

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

As Spaniard, living in Madrid, and a neighbour of one of the three districts where bombs exploded yesterday, I'd like to express my huge gratitude to all of you.

Thank you for your comprehension in this hard times. I hope that we will never have to pay you back for it.
MacLeod

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I am by birth, part American, part Danish. My father was lucky enough to be assigned to Torrejon AB near Madrid from 1985-88 and I will always have fond memories of the time I spent there. My heart goes out to the victims, and my calculated rage is sent to those responsible. Perhaps we can field a TRUE BloobBowl team and block those responsible into the crowd.

Mac

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2004 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

when i think i was in Atocha last time i went to Spain , i think that can't be happened for real and i am lucky that i lost no friends while others have .
Again have Spain and Spaniards in my heart , as i hope the responsable aren't spaniards too( would be hard to understand for me a bombing from a neighbour ).
" TOGATHER WE STAND , DIVIDED WE FALL"(queen)
Bonefaith
 Jump to: