41 coaches online • Server time: 10:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing work, Kalimar, thank you very much!
Vesikannu

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as we're wishing ...

I want to see a "claw gets killed and fouling takes its stuff" option: Fouling breaks armour on a modified roll of 8+. Claw reverts back to +X (probably +1) on armour rolls.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I love all the options and whilst I am ambivalent to all the CRP / ClawPOMB debate, at least with these options people who do feel aggrieved can run their leagues under their preferred house rules. So I tip my hat to you Kalimar, great stuff!

However, can I ask what is the status with Hail Mary, Pass Block, Bombers and getting the Fanatic to work properly? (And any other non-compliance bug I may have forgotten).

Cheers
Clay
cowhead

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

There were a lot of good suggestions in this thread all compiled together in the OP that are worth looking at and they will probably be mentioned in this post soon enough.

League Wish List

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

For information about bugs and skill implementation, follow Kalimar's blog. This thread is about optional rules that can be programmed in to the client only.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Could it be worth adding a minimum number of players to set up too? The auto send off of weapons kills some stunty teams and it could be nice to have an option where you don't have to field all 11 players if you don't want to, but could set it for less than the 11. Obviously it would have to not clash with the minimum on the LoS.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
Could it be worth adding a minimum number of players to set up too? The auto send off of weapons kills some stunty teams and it could be nice to have an option where you don't have to field all 11 players if you don't want to, but could set it for less than the 11. Obviously it would have to not clash with the minimum on the LoS.

You did read the first page, right?
f_alk

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

brilliant!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
freak_in_a_frock wrote:

it's a different request. He means leaving palyers on the bench even though you haven't fielded the maximum allowed. To keep secret weapons from being banned in 8/8 mostly.

Anyway i don't think it's a good idea as you could leave all your stars on the defense drive on the bench to keep them from harm as well. Specially on solved games where one team has a solid lead and there are few turns remaining. Just field the mandatory 3 men LoS and let the other team score happily.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
freak_in_a_frock wrote:

it's a different request. He means leaving palyers on the bench even though you haven't fielded the maximum allowed. To keep secret weapons from being banned in 8/8 mostly.

Anyway i don't think it's a good idea as you could leave all your stars on the defense drive on the bench to keep them from harm as well. Specially on solved games where one team has a solid lead and there are few turns remaining. Just field the mandatory 3 men LoS and let the other team score happily.

I presumed this would be the main part covered under the option added for bb 7s. You can't make a roster (a fumbbl thing) with less than 11 players, so you would need to field less than the mandatory in the first game.

As I understand it, that's the main reason the option has been added, so one of us is misunderstanding the option here. The fact freak brought up the los thing (also covered) made me think he might not have read the front page. It did occur to me that I might have misunderstood his request, but I can't see anything he could be asking for which isn't covered under this bb 7s option.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

covered under the 7s option:

Set max number of players on the field per team at the start of a drive. This way, if set to 7, an 8-men roster will field 7 players and have one reserve.

what he asks:

Allow players to voluntarily play with less players than allowed per rules. Currently, if you have 11 players at the beggining of a drive, you MUST field all of them (standard bb rules). If you try to leave 1 of them as a reserve on the bench you'll get the dialog stating that you have less than 11 fielded and players on the reserve.

In the particular case of the secret weapons, it's quite common that players are forced to be fielded in turn 8/8 and then get ejected, after not playing even 1 turn.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

great thread!

here is my list Smile

Jump up
LRB4 LU - don't have to roll for JU blocks,
New- JU can be used in conjunction with Pass Block

Stand FIrm
LRB4 SF - when you fail a dodge your player remains in the square he dodged from, but his action ends, but there is no turn over.
New - Same as above but you need to pass a St roll to stay standing (using St on the Ag table) with a +1 +2 or +0 modifier.

Big Hand
LRB4 - always gives you +2 to pick up, ignores all modifiers including rain.
New - on top of its other functions gives +1 to catches and interceptions.

tentacles
lrb4 - both players roll 1d6 add there players st, if the dodging payer rolls over the tentacles players roll then they can move as normal. Note: this allows Pro to be used by the tentacles player in their opponents turn.

Dauntless
lrb4 - dauntless is rolled prior to modifiers, so horns stacks after.

Very Long Legs
lrb4 - +1 to Ma

FA and DP
lrb4 - make them 1 skill

spikes
lrb4 - +1Av

multiblock
can be used on blitzes

Strong Arm
lrb4 version - moves the pass range down 1 increment, so long bombs, become long passes, long passes become short passes and short passes become quick passes.
new - allows big guys to throw team mate quick, short and long passes.

Razor Sharp Claws
+1 or +2 to injury

juggernaut
same as crp - except it doesn't cancel fend.
new - changes both down to push ad push pow to pow

Take root
new - once a player has taken root roll 1d6 at the start of every subsequent turn. on a roll of a 6 that player has freed them self up and can move as normally. The player still needs to pass their normal take root roll before completing an action.

timbeeerrrrrrrr
3rd ed rule - when a player with Ma2 has fallen over they need a 4+ to stand up, Add 1 to the roll for every player in their team in their Tackle-zones. If their supporting player is in an opponent players TZ the +1 is not added.

death roller
lrb4 - if the death roller is knocked over for any reason then roll for av and injury as normal, if SI'd or killed send the player to that box, if not then the player is Badly hurt and misses the rest of the match, no apo can be used. When fouling with the death rolled you get +6 to the Av roll.

fouling

igeomy
LRB4 - 2+ and the ref doesn't see you, then the eye is on you, and you need a 4+

sneaky git
New - -1 to igeomy roll and -1 to secret weapon roll.

blatent foul
2nd ed/new action - +1 to injury, +1 to the igeomy roll. Can stack with DP and Sneaky Git

wizard
LRB4 version including zap. can provide more info if need be. and the option to change the price of wizards would be nice too.

Last edited by Garion on %b %06, %2012 - %13:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
zakatan wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
freak_in_a_frock wrote:

I presumed this would be the main part covered under the option added for bb 7s. You can't make a roster (a fumbbl thing) with less than 11 players, so you would need to field less than the mandatory in the first game.

As I understand it, that's the main reason the option has been added, so one of us is misunderstanding the option here. The fact freak brought up the los thing (also covered) made me think he might not have read the front page. It did occur to me that I might have misunderstood his request, but I can't see anything he could be asking for which isn't covered under this bb 7s option.

Hmmm, I'm starting to see the picture. If this is the case, it would cause problems with BB 7s.

Example:

BB 7s is essentially a 7 man team, but at times it may have more players on the roster.

So, let's say first game: the roster would have 11 players, but under bb 7s rules, only 7 can play. 1 of those 7 gets injured, then you would be forced to play with 1 of the 4 reserves?

Is it implemented like this?
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

i haven't tried it, but i would guess so

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The option name might be a bit misleading as it is not only the MAXIMUM number of players but in fact the number of players per se that you need to place on the field. Just like the normal FFB setup rules, except the number can now be changed from the default 11. Is that really THAT confusing?

What in freak_in_a_frock suggests is something altogether different. And (in fact) something I don't think is a good idea. If I don't need to expose my players it changes the game a lot. The Secret Weapons problem can be minimized by taking the Penalty Roll option (like in LRB4) or Sneaky Git option (which send them to KO instead of ban them from the game altogether).
 Jump to: