33 coaches online • Server time: 11:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Snotling Pump Wagon: should it be allowed in?
Yes - as well as 3 Trolls
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Yes - but it replaces a Troll
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
No way!
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 20

David

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

It just ain't snotling if it ain't got a pump wagon...

Here's my thoughts:

3-7-1-1 Big Guy, Wild Animal, Frenzy, Multiple Block, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm (& Break Tackle?)

Access to Strength skills only..i.e. no block, except on doubles.

Alternatively, it could be disallowed any skills.

The low armour would allow it to be easily damaged, so if it does mess up a block, it'll likely miss a few turns. This is to compensate for the lack of support for illegal weapons in the java BB client. Or it could have 'normal' armour (10), and pick up a negative trait like "Off for a Bite" or "Take Root".

Obviously Multiple Block isn't implemented in the client either, but who knows when SkiJunkie will add it!

As for the cost, and whether this replaces or adds to the 3 trolls, I'll leave that to people who've had a chance to play a few games with them.

David
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to give it Foul appearence to make up for the annoying skill. I would give it OFAB to replace penalty roll.

4-7-1-9 Big Guy, Wild Animal,OFAB, Foul Apperance, Frenzy, Might Blow, Stand Firm, Break Tackle 150K to buy
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I would prefer lowering the stregth and armor value and giving it claws or RSC, it is suppoesd to be a ramshackle contraption with big spinning blades on it after all. Also, I agree, OFAB is a reasonable way to simulate the penalty factor.

The Finishing Touch
David

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I certainly won't object to a Pump Wagon with Claw or RSC...hell no Smile
Its strength should be no lower than 6, in any event.

Also, I'm beginning to come round to the idea that it should be allowed access to General skills. It's not going to knock over many stunties without block and tackle.

As for OFAB - I think it should either have Wild Animal or OFAB, not both. Particularly if the wagon replaces a troll. And if it's going to have low armour, then it will spend enough time 'damaged' to do without 'miss-turn' negative traits (like OFAB or take root).
Colin

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

What about giving it Stunty/Break Tackle to simulate the rule that it never has to dodge? Standfirm means at least it can't fall over. Low armour would mean a failed GFI would almost certainly cause it damage, with is also fitting.
Wild Animal and OFAB together is fine IMHO - the trick is that it causes havoc (on both sides) while it is actually on the pitch...
No General skills - it isn't meant to be that good!

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2003 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

How about

4-6-1-5 Big Guy, Wild Animal, Frenzy, RSC, Regenerate 120K General and Strength access.

I would rather not give it too many starting skills and leave room for player development. The low armor should mean it won't spend too much time on the pitch, but regen should help keep you from having to buy a new one every game.

The Finishing Touch
David

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2003 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

You know, I like that spec Mr Klipp!

Go on...set it up! Smile

It'll give me something to do this weekend....
David

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2003 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe add Stand Firm as a starting skill? Should be a laugh with Break Tackle later on...
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2003 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I would just like to point out that I tryed converting the Pump Wagon as close to the origan as possible. I don't know why you'd give it RSC. It never injured anything, it only managed to make big hole where ever it ran threw. It definetly should have Wild Animal. Every skill I listed it has. The two exeptions I made where: OFAB replaces penalty roll, and Foul Apperence simulates Annoying skill. I can't really understand why your making it a casualty machine, and where is the annoying skill.

As you have proposed it now. It will be sarrounded and have to block just like a rat ogre or minataur is now, but when this contraption blocks it will more than likely hurt itself. I see this thing giving itself an injurie at least once a game and it only Regenerates (strange skill to give it IMO) half the time.

I would never buy this thing.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2003 - 05:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I have no idea what it ever was in bloodbowl, but I do play an Orc army, and there the pumpwagon is basicaly an unpredictable, easy to hurt, and yet quite nasty if you have the misfortune of being hit by it. The thing has big whirling blades on the front for crying out loud, that was the idea with the RSC. As for the regen, it is a ramshacle contraption, easy to break, but easy for the little snots to put back together. That should keep you from having to replace it every game and yet still leave it wigh a low av so it's not too hard to get off the pitch. I do have wild animal on my proposed list there, as the little snots tend to go uncontrollably wild on the thing.

The Finishing Touch
 Jump to: